ABOB Executive Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, November 22, 2021
AHS Orchestra Room
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Ruth Waggener – President
Jeanna Hasty – Vice President
Dawn Humphrey – Treasurer
Ed Gray – Financial Secretary
Laura Gibbs – Ways & Means
Dave Fritz – Craft Fair
Jill Mitchell – Spring Vendor Fair
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE
President Waggener called the meeting to order at 6:08 pm. Minutes from the October meeting are posted abob.net.
Dawn Humphrey presented the November Treasurer’s report. Instrument repair line item is below $500. Julianna stated the M100 Flag Line Staff and the Winter Guard line items could be zeroed for this year since Winter Guard was not going to happen this year. Laura P. also stated the Surplus Designations and M100 Accessories Carry Forward line items have been spent on Marching 100. Laura P. moved to accept the October Treasurer’s Report. Blake seconded. Motion passed.
Laura P. requested the Instrument Repair budget line item be increased $1,000 since the winter guard has been cancelled. She will continue to monitor repair spending as most of the repairs have been on band instruments. Laura G. moved and Jeanna seconded. Motion passed.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
- AHS Orchestra concerts went extremely well last week.
- Laura conducted ILMEA District 5 Senior Orchestra this past weekend.
- 3 AHS orchestra students have been selected to ILMEA All-State: Brody Macias,-violin, Victor Humphrey-viola, and Will Hussey – bass.
- AHS has 6 choir students selected to All-State.
High School Band – Blake Korte
- Band is preparing for their December concert.
- 2 AHS band students have been selected to ILMEA All-State: Melanie Parker-flute, and Spencer Leonard-tenor saxophone. Emma Kiger’s composition won 2nd place and she is going for All-State composition. Allison Cooke and Joanna Halliday have been selected to attend ILMEA’s FMES-Future Music Educators Seminar at All-State.
- M100 marches in the St. Louis Thanksgiving Day Parade which starts at 8:45am. M100 is the 2nd band in their block. Several blankets have been donated which will be given out to homeless in the St. Louis area.
Middle School Orchestra: email from Sally Pierce
- We had 10 awesome kiddos make it into the ILMEA all district festival orchestra that performed this past Saturday. The kids prepared some pretty hard music and performed beautifully! I’m proud of all of them!
- I have shared all the Craft fair volunteer info with our parents and I’ll make another push this week. Our Winter concert is Dec 2 and anyone from ABOB is welcome to come take the microphone and share a little about the event 🙂
- Gearing up for that Winter Concert and then Schumann is going to be going to some of the “baby” elementary schools (Eunice, Gilson, LC) in December before break.
Laura P. noted that all elementary concerts have been cancelled due to COVID. However, all of the elementary band and orchestra directors will be recording their students and sharing the video with parents.
- No report.
Ways and Means – Laura Gibbs
- McDonald’s is not doing McTeacher nights. Not enough workers. When they are fully functional they will contact Laura G.
- Will reach out to Firehouse Subs, though have heard they are also very short of workers.
- DQ is not allowing dining in so they are not doing dine outs
- May reach out to Red Lobster.
- Will book Olga’s dine out for the spring.
- Joe’s Pizza is another option, but they only offer frozen pizzas.
- Ruth and Laura continue to handle communications via social media and email blasts.
- No report.
Craft Fair: Dave Fritz
- Craft Fair is almost full and calls and contracts are still coming in. Have 161 crafters to date.
- Advertising: signs are posted all over the community; craft fair dates are on marquees all over town on the school’s new marquees. Dave has contacted WBGZ to talk about Craft Fair and is waiting to hear back. There will be a large ad in The Advantage.
- Ed is getting 7 – $30 Schnucks gift cards. Paula suggested giving away 3 “golden tickets” a day worth up to $20 at any crafters booth which the crafters would “cash in” at the office. Will have student workers sit at the table.
- Ed asked what basket raffle needs for their tickets.
- Security – Godfrey cannot do security because they are short staffed. Ed is waiting to hear back from Fosterburg.
- COVID waiver was sent out to all crafters.
Virtual Auction: Jeanna Hasty
- Jeanna is getting solicitation list ready. Checking on when to ask for donations so they are at least a year.
- Will meet with Ed in December about merging Dinner Auction solicitation and sponsor solicitation letter.
- Ed brought up ways to recognize sponsors.
- Laura G. looked up the fundraiser for Alton Memorial Hospital which was already shut down, but saw a couple of advertisers that are unique to this area.
Spring Vendor Fair: Jill Mitchell
- Has sent out emails and is considering a mailing to vendors.
- Has gotten a few repsonses.
No old business.
No new business.
There will be no December meeting.
Next Meeting – Monday, January 24, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 6:51 p.m.