Since 1948 the Alton Band and Orchestra Builders has supported the music program of the Alton Community Unit School District No. 11. ABOB’s partnership with the Alton School District provides music, equipment and instruments for our elementary, middle and high school band and orchestra students.
- ABOB contributes the funds necessary to repair and maintain all of the Alton School District instruments.
- ABOB awards scholarships for private lessons, music camps, and $500.00 to a graduating senior who plans to major or minor in Music at college.
- Each year the Alton High School Marching “100”, Symphonic Orchestra, and Alton Middle School Schumann Ensemble and Jazzio’s are able to participate in competitions and festivals thanks to ABOB.
- Who is ABOB? The parents of our district band and orchestra students and community volunteers who facilitate our events. We greatly appreciate your commitment and dedication to our district instrumental music program.
- Thanks to the generous support of our community, the Alton School District continues to have a high quality instrumental music program. All proceeds raised from ABOB fundraisers and events go back to the instrumental music program, enabling 4th graders through the seniors at Alton High School access to our outstanding band and orchestra ensembles.