Monday,March 28, 2022
AHS Orchestra Room
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Ruth Waggener – President
Jeanna Hasty – Vice President
Ed Gray – Financial Secretary
Laura Gibbs – Ways and Means
Roger Waggener – Technology
Jill Mitchell – Spring Vendor Fair
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE
President Waggener called the meeting to order at 6:08p. Minutes from the February meeting are posted on abob.net.
Laura Plummer presented the Treasurer’s Report on behalf of Dawn Humphrey who was unable to attend the meeting. Laura P. noted the Dunlope and ABOB Music Camp Scholarship recipients: Kyle Neace Dunlope Scholarship recipient, Spencer Leonard AHS full scholarship, Jasmine Harrison AHS half scholarship, Makayla Burns AMS full scholarship and Hailey Baum AMS half scholarship. Ruth Waggener moved and Laura Gibbs seconded to accept the March Treasurer’s Report. The final report for 2021 Craft Fair was also presented. Jill Mitchell noted that the income budgeted for Craft Fair is 0 on the Treasurer’s Report. Ruth deducted that the final Aramark bill was not listed as an expense thus the discrepancy. Dually noted and will be passed along to Dawn. Roger Waggener moved and Blake Korte seconded to accept the 2021 Craft Fair report with adjusted income.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
- Stringsation was a big success last Thursday night.
- Full Symphonic Orchestra and pit orchestra rehearsals are in full swing. .
High School Band – Blake Korte & Luke Griffin
- Jazz on a Spring Evening is April 7
- April 8 rehearsals after school to prep for the Music for All Saturday, April 9 @ O’Fallon H.S. Students perform and then clinic with reputable band directors from across the country.
- April 12 M100 kick off meeting 6pm in AHS Commons for all students and parents.
- Percussion and color guard clinics and audition are coming up.
- The directors are reviewing potential shows and will meet with section leaders, drum majors, and staff to pick this fall’s show.
- Indoor drumline is wrapping up. Perform next Thursday, April 7. Rehearsal until 5:00. Then at 6:00 a parent performance and send off show in the Auxiliary Gym. Will perform for about 150 AHS students during 4th hour on Friday, April 8.
- April 9 is last competition (after Music for All). They are performing in the Concert Class; just performing at finals.
- Kids have been making great progress and it’s great seeing the kids take ownership.
AMS Orchestra Report – email from Sally Pierce
- Stringsation was great! Short and sweet. Happy with how our kiddos played. Lindsey and I have some ideas about next year that we’ll go over with Laura.
- The Music in the Parks Schumann trip is set for May 7. They still have the $1000 from ABOB from two years ago in AMS music account. Kids are excited to get to do this again!
- Had our first planning meeting with Ruth about Coffee concert. Started getting parent help together for donations, set up/tear down. Will keep everyone posted.
- Orchestra spring concert will be Tues. May 3, 7pm in the AHS auditorium due to the renovations taking place at AMS.
AMS band concert is April 28 7pm in AMS Annex Gym
Ways and Means – Laura Gibbs
- Olga’s Dine Out netted $455 profit.
- Spring Perfect Pastry profit netted $2,028.00
- ABOB Dine Out at Firehouse Subs is set for April 13 dine out. Will need to show a flier.
- Mrs. Pierce had an AMS orchestra parent who owns Taqueria Maya and asked about hosting an ABOB dine out. Laura G. has reached out to him and yet to hear back.
- Ruth and Laura continue to handle communications via social media and email.
Technology – Roger Waggener
- Tom Pullen will soon no longer host abob’s server.
- Discussion on how to revise abob.net and how to work together going forward to maintain it.
Virtual Auction – Jeanna Hasty
- 2 weeks out. Kick off Thursday, April 7 @ 4p and runs through Saturday April 9 @ 7p.
- We have around $15,000 worth of auction items and a really good mix of items.
- Over 531 people on the ABOB Music Matters Virtual Auction Facebook page
- Time to get activity going on the FB page.
- Ruth and Laura P. will work on getting publicity going.
- Friday, April 8 – students set up and move all items to orchestra room after school.
- Saturday, April 9 – 6:00p – 8:00p parent volunteers needed to monitor ending of the auction and close the bids.
- Sunday, April 10 – 1:00 – 4:00p winners pick up items. Parent and student volunteers needed.
- Ed Gray reported $4,675.00 in sponsors collected
- Sponsors will be posted on abob.net and Virtual Auction Facebook page, and a power point before spring band & orchestra concerts displaying whole note sponsors (full page/screen), half note sponsors (half page/screen), quarter note, and eighth note sponsors.
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- Vendors were very pleased with kids.
- Lindsey’s layout was helpful
- Vendors loved the food. 80 sandwiches left over. Ordered 250.
- Brought in $3,000
- Will discuss future of Spring Vendor Fair at a later date.
Next Meeting Monday, April 25 6p
Meeting adjourned 7:06p
*Note – There was no April, 2022 meeting due to time conflicts.
The next ABOB meeting was May 23 7:00pm