Hi! Here’s our week:
– Tuesday, 9/16 – Rehearsal – 6-8:30pm, AHS
– Thursday, 9/18 – Rehearsal – 6-8:30pm, AHS
*Please note we will not be rehearsing at West much this year – we have too much stuff to load up and lug over!
– Friday, 9/19 – ABOB Trivia Night – 7pm, Alton Holiday Inn.
We will need student workers for the evening – sign up sheets are on the band room door. Band 3H students can count hours worked as service hours!
– Saturday, 9/20 – Edwardsville Tiger Ambush Classic
Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for seniors, and $3 for students. Children 5 and under are free.
A couple of other notes:
– We’re always looking for bus chaperones! Please email Susan Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available and willing to ride a bus to a competition.
– Looking ahead to next week: TJ’s Pizza (trip fundraiser) will be delivered on Monday, 9/22.
If your student can take it home, we will send it home with them after school. Otherwise pick up will be Monday evening until 5:30pm. Head in door 44 (where the kids always enter for rehearsal). Please put the pick up on your calendar!
– The next trip fundraiser will be tumblers (like Tervis). We’ll have our own super-cool Marching 100 tumbler as well as more generic ones. Keep an eye out for it!
A general note:
THANK YOU so much to those who have jumped in with both feet this season – the pit, uniform, bus, and general parent help has been tremendous! This year is a big one – props (that will need repair), bigger pit, new uniforms, a big trip, and lots of new students mean that we need and appreciate any and all help we can get.
However,when it comes to how to change/improve anything – transporting pit, fixing equipment, repairing props, etc., please run all suggestions by me first. This includes purchases, borrowing, obtaining new items, etc. I may already have some ideas/things in the works and don’t want any of us to waste time or energy with different solutions to the same issue.
I appreciate that some of you are concerned about “swamping” me with things, but I have a good staff and supportive administration and ultimately the group is my responsibility, so I need to be in the loop in case I get questions.
Thank you again for all you have done to make this a great year so far!