Meeting Minutes – August 22, 2016
Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
August 22, 2016
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President
Vicky Schilling – Vice President
Penny Boedeker – Secretary
Paula Fritz – Hospitality
Mike Haynes – Communications
Cortney Frosch – Ways and Means
Ed Gray – Financial
Rose Lammers – Craft Fair
Tom Pullen – ABOB.net
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Jamie Pullen, Macie Henkhaus, Dave Fritz, Jill Mitchell, Joy Sawyer, May and Terri Pearson, Pat and Laura Shansey, Angela Sarandis
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm. Minutes of the June and July meetings were reviewed. Finding no additions or corrections, Mike Haynes made the motion to accept, and Paula Fritz seconded, motion carried. Treasurer, Cindy Kirbach, was absent, the July financial report is tabled until September meeting
Alyssa Cudney – High School Band
- First performance at Red/Gray scrimmage on August 19.
- Marching 100 has started Tues/Thurs evening rehearsal schedule.
- Ed Gray will be directing Loyalty at September 2 football game.
- First competition is September 17 in Edwardsville.
- Jazz Band starts on August 24.
Laura Plummer – High School Orchestra
- New school year has started and there is a good number of students.
Sally Pierce (email report) – Middle School Band and Orchestra
- Getting into the swing of things
- August 25 is Recruitment Rally
Hospitality: Paula Fritz
- Kids were very appreciative of meals at band camp.
Communications: Mike Haynes
- Sent emails last month for Papa Johns, Shivers and Romas fundraising nights.
- President Welcome with Agenda and Minutes
Technology: Tom Pullen
- Online payment for band fees being used.
- Will setup a button to order calendars.
- Second annual Alumni night at Homecoming game on September 2.
- Need advertise
- Using Redbird Music graphic for t-shirt to include chorus
- Will require shirt to participate this year.
- Shirt orders by September 16
- Button Days – September 9&10 – Jamie Pullen
- Schnucks is no longer allowing solicitors as of August 22.
- Godfrey WalMart Friday only 4pm-8pm
- Shop n-Save Friday and Saturday
- Looking into Farmers Market
- Will be starting sign up for parents and students this week.
- Advertise on Facebook and email blasts
Ways & Means: Cortney Frosch
- Tom Evans (Cheese & Sausage) starts August 23
- Fundraiser for High School and Middle School
- Delivery will be week of October 3.
- Butter braid fundraiser will start end of October.
- Restaurant nights
- Applebees, September 21, 4-9 pm. Need flyer provided by Applebees. Receive 15% on food purchases.
- Olga’s – October
- Panera – November
- Received $200 from Shivers night and $218.50 for Papa Johns weekend from July.
Trivia Night – October 21 – Laura Plummer
- Held at Best Western Premier (formerly The Atrium/Holiday Inn)
- Have 2 Round Sponsors so far.
- Need 23-25 baskets
Trip Fundraisers – Macie Henkhaus
- Riverbend Calendars – Cortney Frosch
- Cortney presented choices for number of calendars to order
- Rose Lammers made motion to purchase 750 – 11X11 calendars for a total of $3,687.00, Tom Pullen seconded, all in agreement, motion carried.
- TJs Pizza – End of September
- Trash bags – End of October
- Pancake Dinner – December 14, 5-8pm (TBD)
Craft Fair – Rose Lammers
- Vendors have been placed
- 42 remaining booths
- Ordering mugs that can be purchased for $5 and can be filled with tea or coffee all weekend for free.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
Nothing to report
Spring Vendor Fair – Laura Plummer
- Jill Mitchell will be taking over.
No old business
- Alyssa Cudney asked if ABOB could purchase pizza for percussion going to competition on Saturday, August 27. Tom Pullen made motion to approve purchase, Paula Fritz seconded, all in favor, motion carried.
- WalMart Foundation giving away grant money. Grant must be written by September 2.
Next Meeting Scheduled for September 26, 2016.
Meeting adjourned at 8:31 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker