Executive Board Meeting – September 24, 2018
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President Penny Boedeker – Secretary Ed Gray – Financial Tom Pullen – ABOB.net Mike Haynes – Communications Dave & Paula Fritz – Craft Fair Jill Mitchell – Vendor Fair Jamie Pullen – Ways and Means Tonya Duke – Trivia Night Alex and Mike Bagwell – Hospitality
Guests: Laura Shansey
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Alyssa Overmann Laura Plummer
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. Minutes from the August meeting were reviewed. Paula Fritz made the motion to accept minutes as written, Jill Mitchell seconded, and the motion carried.
The financial report was reviewed by Ed Gray. Paula Fritz made a motion to accept the report as presented, seconded by Mike Haynes , motion carried.
High School Band – Alyssa Overmann
- Marching 100 half way through season.
- Third in class at Murphysboro
- Grand Champion at MT. Zion. Best in Show, Best Percussion, Best Drum Major.
- Homecoming is this week.
- Upcoming Washington and Potosi
- Disney Trip – October 23 – 28. Parade Performance in Magic Kingdom, October 26.
Middle School Orchestra – Sally Pierce
- Schumann and Jazzios up and running
- October 8 – 10 students going to IMEA auditions.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
- October 15, 7p.m. – Orchestra Disney concert at The Bridge.
- October 8 – IMEA auditions
- Disney trip – October 23-28 – Orchestra clinic, Thursday, October 25. Performance at Disney Springs on Saturday, October 27.
Hospitality – Alex and Mike Bagwell
- Nothing to report
Communications – Mike Haynes
- Sending button days communications this week.
Technology – Tom Pullen
- Resolved issue with someone on server being hit with virus causing emails to go missing including some new emails for craft fair.
Ways and Means – Jamie Pullen
- October 10 – Olga’s dine out – Open to close need flyer.
- Tom Evans wrapped up with $4160 profit, 61 sellers. Pick up is October 4 from 2:30-5:30 and 6:00-7:00 at high school.
- Butter Braids start on October 1.
- Button Days – September 29. Students will wear show shirts. Buttons are Cinematic theme. Band will be leading pet parade at Farmer’s Market at 10am.
Trivia Night – Tonya Duke
- 24 table reservations
- $5592 profit
- Thinking of adding a table decorating contest for next year.
Craft Fair – Paula Fritz
- 140 crafters.
- 29 booths remaining
- Everything is on schedule.
- Looking for basket donations
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Saturday March 16.
Spring Vendor Fair –
- 29 vendors, 40 booths
- Sending email to past vendors reminder of October 1 cutoff to confirm spot, then will open to other vendors.
- Food trucks new for this year.
Next Meeting October 29, 2018, 7:00pm Alton High School, Orchestra room.
Meeting adjourned at 7:29pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker