Executive Board Meeting Minutes – November 18, 2019
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Ruth Waggener – President
Dawn Humphrey – Vice President
Tonya Duke – Communications & Trivia Night
Ed Gray – Financial
David Fritz – Craft Fair
Jill Mitchell – Vendor Fair
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Laura Gibbs – Ways & Means
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Laura Plummer, Alyssa Overmann
President Waggener called the meeting to order at 7:11pm. Minutes from the October meeting were reviewed. Tonya Duke made the motion to accept minutes as written, Jill Mitchell seconded, and the motion carried.
The financial report was reviewed by Cindy Kirbach, Treasurer. Dawn Humphrey made a motion to accept report as presented, seconded by Tonya Duke, motion carried.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer, E-Mail
Middle School Orchestra – Sally Pierce, E-Mail
- 11 students participated in the ILMEA festival on November 2, including one 6th grader.
- We are ramping up for our December 5.
- Schumann is set to go to Lewis and Clark Elementary, Eunice Smith Elementary and a nursing home on December 13.
High School Band – Alyssa Overmann
- Halloween parade went well.
- Had our first Music major meeting for Band, Choir and Orchestra. It was well attended, with many taking it seriously.
- Band Concert is December 11.
- Pep Band kicks off tomorrow
- Jazz on a Fall evening next Monday
- Nothing to report
Communications – Tonya Duke
- Next big event is Craft Fair
Technology – Ruth Waggener
- Evaluating template to make website more user friendly.
Ways and Means – Laura Gibbs
- Butter braids have been delivered.
- Dine out at Red Lobster – February 18, 10% of sales with flyer.
- Olga’s is asking for another dine out night, propose April 1.
- October 2020 – McDonald’s
Trivia Night – Tonya Duke
- Nothing to report
Craft Fair – Dave Fritz
- All booths are full
- Final confirmations went out over the weekend
- ¾ of signs are out and rest will be out this week.
- Will be on WBGZ December 5 at 10am.
- All advertisements are out.
- Cindy Kirbach made a motion to make a $300 donation to Fosterburg Fire Department for Craft Fair Security, Tonya Duke seconded, all in favor, motion carried.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Theme will be decided by mid December
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- Email sent out regarding repeat vendors and December 1 cut off to have same space as last year.
- 45 paid booths to date
- Cap will be 90 vendors
- $1 admission this year.
- We will be selling ornaments for $10 until November 26.
Next Meeting – Proposing Bluff City Grill for Holiday Dinner on December 19, 6pm.
Meeting adjourned at 8:04 pm.