Executive Board Meeting Minutes – May 18, 2020


Ruth Waggener – President

Dawn Humphrey – Vice President

Tonya Duke – Communications & Trivia Night

Roger Waggener – ABOB.net

Ed Gray – Financial

Paula & David Fritz – Craft Fair

Jill Mitchell – Vendor Fair

Laura Gibbs – Ways & Means

Penny Boedeker – Secretary



Laura Plummer, Alyssa Overmann, Lexi Edwards, Sally Pierce

President Waggener called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.  April meeting minutes were tabled for review in June.

No Financial report for May due to no activity.  New report for June meeting.


High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer

  • Seniors have done drop offs and seems to be going well.

Middle School Orchestra – Sally Pierce

  • Kids turned in instruments and teachers can go in and check on them later this week.
  • Not sure when announcements for honors band and orchestra will be for next year.

High School Band – Alyssa Overmann

  • Debut of Aslyn Keith’s solo concert video will be soon.
  • New band directors will be introduced on Wednesday.
  • Drum line has been asked to perform at parade for seniors.
  • Waiting for okay to start rolling on marching band season.

Committee Reports:

Hospitality –

  • Nothing to report

Communications – Tonya Duke

  • Mostly responding to parent questions.
  • Going to post reminder on M100 parent page and ABOB page regarding band forms for this year.

Technology – Roger Waggener

  • Updating contacts on the page.
  • Need to clean up M100 parents page.  Will be sending email to those that we are considering removing from the page due to no longer having a student in band.

Ways and Means –

  • Rescheduled Olga’s night to June 17.
  • Contacting vendor about fall Butter Braid sale.
  • Have set dates with Tom Evans fundraiser.
  • Looking into Spring Butter Braid sale.
  • Discussed possibility of vendor fundraisers – Pampered Chef, Scentsy, etc.

Trivia Night – Tonya Duke

  • Looking into online trivia options if not able to do in person in Fall
  • Going to check with Shansey’s about doing questions for this year. Fritz’s have offered to do it if Shaney’s do not.

Craft Fair – Paula Fritz

  • Continuing to plan as usual
  • 2 new contracts
  • Signs are in bad shape due to weather last and will need to new ones for this year.

Dinner Auction – Ed Gray

  • Going to contact the winners of the Cardinal tickets and graduation tickets regarding refunds.

Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell

  • Sent email to vendors about cancellation.  25 vendors said to keep money for next year’s event, 8 donated their entry fee, 20 have asked for refunds and 17 have not responded.
  • Will contact 17 one more time.

Old Business:

  • Received Red Lobster check from dine out night.

New Business:

  • Office vote for next year. Paula Fritz made motion that all officers remain the same for the next year.  Jill Mitchell seconded.  All in favor and motion carried.
  • Went over budget for next year. Paul Fritz made motion to approve next year’s budget, Tonya Duke seconded, all in favor, budget approved.

Next Meeting  – June 22, 2020 at 7pm

Zoom meeting

Meeting adjourned at 7:48 pm.

Respectfully Submitted

Penny Boedeker