Executive Board Meeting Minutes – May 18, 2020
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Ruth Waggener – President
Dawn Humphrey – Vice President
Tonya Duke – Communications & Trivia Night
Roger Waggener – ABOB.net
Ed Gray – Financial
Paula & David Fritz – Craft Fair
Jill Mitchell – Vendor Fair
Laura Gibbs – Ways & Means
Penny Boedeker – Secretary
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Laura Plummer, Alyssa Overmann, Lexi Edwards, Sally Pierce
President Waggener called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm. April meeting minutes were tabled for review in June.
No Financial report for May due to no activity. New report for June meeting.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
- Seniors have done drop offs and seems to be going well.
Middle School Orchestra – Sally Pierce
- Kids turned in instruments and teachers can go in and check on them later this week.
- Not sure when announcements for honors band and orchestra will be for next year.
High School Band – Alyssa Overmann
- Debut of Aslyn Keith’s solo concert video will be soon.
- New band directors will be introduced on Wednesday.
- Drum line has been asked to perform at parade for seniors.
- Waiting for okay to start rolling on marching band season.
- Nothing to report
Communications – Tonya Duke
- Mostly responding to parent questions.
- Going to post reminder on M100 parent page and ABOB page regarding band forms for this year.
Technology – Roger Waggener
- Updating contacts on the page.
- Need to clean up M100 parents page. Will be sending email to those that we are considering removing from the page due to no longer having a student in band.
Ways and Means –
- Rescheduled Olga’s night to June 17.
- Contacting vendor about fall Butter Braid sale.
- Have set dates with Tom Evans fundraiser.
- Looking into Spring Butter Braid sale.
- Discussed possibility of vendor fundraisers – Pampered Chef, Scentsy, etc.
Trivia Night – Tonya Duke
- Looking into online trivia options if not able to do in person in Fall
- Going to check with Shansey’s about doing questions for this year. Fritz’s have offered to do it if Shaney’s do not.
Craft Fair – Paula Fritz
- Continuing to plan as usual
- 2 new contracts
- Signs are in bad shape due to weather last and will need to new ones for this year.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Going to contact the winners of the Cardinal tickets and graduation tickets regarding refunds.
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- Sent email to vendors about cancellation. 25 vendors said to keep money for next year’s event, 8 donated their entry fee, 20 have asked for refunds and 17 have not responded.
- Will contact 17 one more time.
- Received Red Lobster check from dine out night.
- Office vote for next year. Paula Fritz made motion that all officers remain the same for the next year. Jill Mitchell seconded. All in favor and motion carried.
- Went over budget for next year. Paul Fritz made motion to approve next year’s budget, Tonya Duke seconded, all in favor, budget approved.
Next Meeting – June 22, 2020 at 7pm
Meeting adjourned at 7:48 pm.