Executive Board Meeting Minutes – June 26, 2017
Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
June 26, 2017
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President
Penny Boedeker – Secretary
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Mike Haynes – Communications
Jamie Pullen – Ways and Means
Ed Gray – Financial
Rose Lammers – Craft Fair
Tom Pullen – ABOB.net
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Dave Fritz, Jill Mitchell, Tonya Duke
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:04 pm. Minutes of the May meeting were reviewed. Finding no additions or corrections, Rose Lammers made the motion to accept, and Tom Pullen seconded, motion carried. Treasurer, Cindy Kirbach, presented the financial report. Tom Pullen made a motion to accept the report and budget as presented, seconded by Mike Haynes, motion carried.
2017-2018 Fiscal Year Budget was presented by Cindy Kirbach. Mike Haynes made the motion to accept the budget as presented, seconded by Tom Pullen, motion carried.
Alyssa Overmann – High School Band
- Marching 100 is in full swing
- First parade was in Red Bud
- Students are having sectionals on their own.
- VP Parade next Saturday – Marching 100 is midway through parade and will perform for cameras and be televised locally on channel 4.
- Mr. James will be having Jazz Camp July 11-13, 10am-3pm. All students are welcome to attend.
Laura Plummer – High School Orchestra
Nothing to Report
- Refreshments served at Spring concerts and all went well.
Communications: Mike Haynes
- Sent dine out emails last month.
- Will create Facebook events on ABOB and Marching 100 pages for monthly meetings.
Technology: Tom Pullen
- Site continues to be secure.
- Made some updates to site to make it more mobile friendly.
Ways & Means: Jamie Pullen
- Tom Evans (Cheese & Sausage) starts August 22
- Riviera May dine out night raised $197.00
- Discussed doing Papa Johns weekend the weekend between the 2 weeks of band camp and Shivers the last night as we did last year.
- August will do Roma’s Pizza again.
- Button Days will be August 25 & 26 – No uniforms, show shirts and appropriate length shorts.
- Car Wash – August 19 at North Elementary and Bowl Haven
Trivia Night – Laura Plummer & Tonya Duke
- September 15 – Best Western Premier (Holiday Inn)
- $140/table this year
Craft Fair – Rose Lammers
- 163 booths have been paid
- Have started placing booths
- Sell Soda and Water on Friday night during set up as an addition this year.
- Working on updates to food menu for weekend.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- March 17, 2018
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- March 24, 2018
No old business
- Proposed constitution revision to remove M100 trip fundraiser chair as a separate committee. Vote in July
- Went over cash handling practices for fundraising. Will post
Meeting adjourned at 8:12 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker