Executive Board Meeting Minutes – July 24, 2017
Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
July 24, 2017
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President
Vicky Schilling – Vice President
Penny Boedeker – Secretary
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Jamie Pullen – Ways and Means
Ed Gray – Financial
Tom Pullen – ABOB.net
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:09 pm. Minutes of the June meeting were tabled for review in August. Treasurer, Cindy Kirbach, presented the financial report. Tom Pullen made a motion to accept the report as presented, seconded by Vicky Schilling, motion carried.
Alyssa Overmann – High School Band
- VP Parade was great. Scored .25 away from placing and placed 3rd in music out of 12 bands.
- Tuesday Thursday rehearsals started earlier this summer and have helped with preparation for parades and fall show.
- Band Camp started today. Got first 2 pages on the field.
Laura Plummer – High School Orchestra
Nothing to Report
- Meals are planned for band camp on Friday and Monday-Thursday of next week.
- Sent dine out emails last month.
Technology: Tom Pullen
- Button on site to reserve and pay for a full table for trivia night.
Ways & Means: Jamie Pullen
- Jennifer Partridge assisting with Tom Evans (Cheese & Sausage) and Zappa pack pizza fundraiser starting August 22
- Upcoming dine outs:
- Papa Johns – July 28-30
- Shivers – August 3, 7-10 pm
- Romas – August 9
- Olga’s – September 13 (possibly Johnson Corner)
- Panera – October 18
- Riviera Maya – November 15
- Luciana’s for December?
- Dine out possibilities for next year: Joe’s Pizza, DQ and McDonalds (March)
- Button Days August 25 & 26 – No uniforms, show shirts and appropriate length shorts.
- Joe K’s
- Farmer’s Market – Need group to perform
- Mr. Donut
- Car Wash – August 19 at North Elementary and Bowl Haven
- Looking into Walgreens fundraising event.
Trivia Night – Tonya Duke
- September 15 – Best Western Premier (Holiday Inn)
- Have 10 tales reserved
Craft Fair –
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- March 17, 2018
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- March 24, 2018
- Paula Fritz made motion to tabe constitution amendments until August meeting, Tom Pullen seconded, motion carried.
- Explore options to communicate to 4th & 5th grade band and orchestra parents.
Next Meeting August 28, 2017, 7pm.
Meeting adjourned at 7:57 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker