Executive Board Meeting Minutes – January 23, 2017 7:00 p.m.
Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
Executive Board Meeting Minutes
January 23, 2017 7:00 p.m.
- Open/Additions to Agenda/Introductions
Julie Carter (AMS Orchestra)
- Meeting Minutes: table to next meeting
- Treasurer’s Report: Cindy Kirbach reported (Tom moved; Mike 2nd)
- Teachers Reports
- HS Orchestra: Laura Plummer reports Allstate, 5 orchestra students, 1 band student, ? chorus. Les Mis Musical rehearsals beginning soon.
- HS Band: Alyssa Overmann reports Pep Band attended Hockey senior night; Concert; Sam Frosch all state; Bi-state SIUE 6 kids. (horrible notes here, I do know Sam made All state & I believe 6 kids attended or earned something!)
- Middle School Report: Julie Carter reports that Sally Pierce has a student teacher. They are busy with solo/ensemble, Jazzios, & chamber. Coffee concert meeting coming soon.
- Committee Reports:
- Hospitality: Fritz’s absent
- Communications: Mike sent info out for McDonald’s Dine out, Dinner Auction donations.
- Technology: Tom is checking on programs that will check your site etc. He’ll keep us updated on new information.
- Uniform Fundraiser: Jamie reports that she is contacting locations for Button Days. Most places didn’t want to be contacted until after February 1st. Shop n Save needs a new letter from ABOB for Button Days.
- Ways and Means: McDonald’s dine out was successful. McDonald’s suggested that we try it again in October. We are planning Papa John’s for February dine out.
- Trip Fundraisers: Wrapping up Calendars. Trip Company is paid in full, $13,986 kid funded.
- Dinner Auction: Invites ready to mail; Tony’s is creating a themed menu
- Spring Vendor Fair; 3-25-17, 21 booths paid, 12 in works
- Trivia Night: Looking at Godfrey KC Hall possibly
- Craft Fair: Looking to have can crushers for recycling aluminum cans this year.(Vicki will check with district to borrow them for the weekend); Update the food menu; 128 booths already booked for this year!
- Old Business: Jill take the leftover calendars to the Gift Box & they will sell for $5 each.
- New Business: ABOB will pay $1000, bill $445 for the Six Flags Shuman Trip for AMS Orchestra. ABOB received a thank you card from Alexandria Mattea for partnering with ABOB. & a Thank you card from Julie Carter & the Family of Shirley Carter for the flowers from ABOB for Julie’s mother in law’s visitation. ( I’m not sure if these need to be noted or not)
- Next Meeting – March 27, 2017
- Adjournment: 7:56 p.m.