Executive Board Meeting Minutes – February 24, 2020
ABOB Members in attendance:
Ruth Waggoner, Roger Waggoner, Laura Plummer, Alyssa Overmann, Ed Gray, Cindy Kirbach, Laura Shansey, Jill Mitchell, Tonya Duke, Dave Fritz, Paula Fritz, Lindsey Wolfford.
Meeting called to order shortly after 7:00 p.m. (I wasn’t in the room then so don’t have the specific time – DH).
Treasurer’s Report –
- Craft fair profit slightly higher than projected
- Still need to pay band camp stipend to Overmann (Plummer motion, Paula 2nd)
- Treasurer’s Report accepted (Paula Fritz motion, Jill 2nd)
Teacher Reports –
- HS Orch – Spring Recital, Stringsation upcoming; All State was great experience
- HS Band – Fletcher Leonard All State honors
- Winterguard going to Edwardsville on 3/8
- HS Winter Band Concert (NOT solo & ensemble concert anymore)
- On Casmir Pulaski Day, Bands of America clinic at O’Fallon
- AHS Musical – April 23-26, reserved seats
- At AMS, Schumann Chamber performance at SSP was big success
- 8th Grade Six Flags trip the day before Coffee Concert
- Nothing for now
- Nothing for now but will need to tag team it going forward
- Continued improvements to website
Ways & Means –
- $985 sales on Red Lobster Dine Out night so $95ish profit for ABOB
Trivia Night –
- Nothing for now.
Craft Fair –
- Need new signs; they are worn and would like to phase out wooden soldier
- New contract is up on the website
Dinner Auction –
- Doors at 5:30, Dinner at 7 (LCCC Hatheway Gallery)
- Deadline is 3/5.
- Have received gift cards to Halpin, Ruth Chris, New Frontier, Alton Refrigeration
- Bennington autographed goalie mask!
- Flat screen TV donated by Alton Refrigeration
- Final push for tickets and donations
Spring Vendor Fair –
- Pig on a Wing onboard and giving ABOB 10% of sales
- Tonya has volunteers to plug in some spots
- Need 6 people on doors (3 per shift) and a few parking people
- Ed Gray handling printing of menus for contract packets and for at doors
- Cathy Gray will print envelopes for vendor food orders
- We need Jill in the office for the whole day to oversee operations
- Nothing outstanding.
- ABOB Scholarship recipients selected tonight: Audrey Neace (Dunlope), Norah Hardin (full), Finnley Stevenson (half), Fletcher Leonard (full), Isaiah Christner (half).
- Halpin wants prepayment for Solo & Ensemble rental pianos ($225 credit on repair?)
Next Meeting will be March 23, 2020 at 7:00.
Adjourned at 7:51 p.m.