Executive Board Meeting – August 27, 2018
Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
Meeting Minutes August 27, 2018
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President Penny Boedeker – Secretary
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer Ed Gray – Financial Dave & Paula Fritz – Craft Fair Jamie Pullen – Ways and Means Alex and Mike Bagwell – Hospitality
Guests: Mary Pearson, Laura Shansey
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Alyssa Overmann Laura Plummer
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:03pm. Minutes from the July meeting were reviewed. Jill Roosman made the motion to accept minutes as written, Paula Fritz seconded, and the motion carried.
The financial report was reviewed by Cindy Kirbach, Treasurer. Laura Plummer made a motion to accept the report as presented, seconded by Paula Fritz , motion carried.
High School Band – Alyssa Overmann
- Weather for camp was great.
- Still working on 4th movement.
- Red and Gray scrimmage on Friday. Good performance for first one.
- After school rehearsals are going well for everyone.
- Percussion clinic went well last Saturday.
- O’Fallon, Murphreesboro and O’Fallon and 2 football games in September.
- Nothing to Report
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
- Orchestra going well
- Elementary recruitment Thursday
- Monday, October 15, Disney concert at Bridge church, 7pm.
- Disney schedule: Clinic Thursday, Disney Springs concert on Saturday. 18 Orchestra students going on trip.
- Need to check who is on Board email list.
Ways and Means – Jamie Pullen
- Tom Evans fundraiser kicks off tomorrow. 2 check in dates Friday and Tuesday Sept 2. Top seller from Middle school and high school will receive $100 from ABOB.
- Button Days – Saturday, September 29. Wal Mart, Farmer’s Market, Joe K’s, Dunkin Donuts.
- $250 from Roma’s night.
- Proposal to do dinner night every other night. September and November. For November check with Luciana’s
Trivia Night – Laura Plummer
- 9 tables remaining.
- Section baskets are covered except for Low brass and Drumline.
- 6 round sponsors confirmed.
Craft Fair – Paula Fritz
- 131 Crafters, approx 40 spaces available.
- Confirm committee chairs – Amy Hillery – Baskets, Penny Boedeker – Soda, Need someone for parking, Ask Vicki Schilling about doors, teachers for students.
- December 7 & 8 for next year.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Saturday March 16.
Spring Vendor Fair –
- 23 venders, 33 booths filled. Almost half full. Looking to fill 80 booths.
- Sending email to past vendors reminder of October 1 cutoff to confirm spot, then will open to other vendors.
- Food trucks new for this year.
- Schnucks new reward program cannot be combined with escript. Have to do one or the other.
- Increase advertisement of Amazon Giving link.
- ABOB shirts due date for orders September 10.
Next Meeting September 24, 2018, 7:00pm Alton High School, Orchestra room.
Meeting adjourned at 7:45pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker