Wow! What a great kick off meeting last night! THANK YOU to those who attended and for all of your wonderful questions. Please don’t hesitate to contact me or Ms. Davis with any questions.
8th grade parents: I know we overwhelmed you with information last night – please take the time to absorb the information and ask any questions you may have – band parents who have older students can offer you a wealth of information and help if needed. Ms. Davis and I will help in any way we can! Jump in with both feet! The water’s fine! 🙂
If you missed the meeting or need another of something here’s what went out last night:
- Kick off meeting ppt 3.8.16 – Powerpoint that was presented at the meeting. Hit’s the big points of the band handbook
- Alton Handbook 2016 – Marching 100 Handbook for 2016. Please print out the handbook agreement and the student information form and get them back in ASAP! They’re in the last three pages of the handbook.
- M100 Accessories Order 2016 and M100 Color Guard Accessories Order 2016 – Please note which is which! Band students will need:
- Black Marching Shoes (returning members can use theirs from last year)
- Gloves – Percussion does not wear gloves. Other members may want to get more than one pair as gloves do go missing!
- Show Shirt – Parents, if you’d like a show shirt for the season, please order now as well as we usually only place one order. If possible it also helps for 100 members to have more than one so you’re not doing a ton of laundry during the season!
- Pep Band Shirt – this year we’re offering the opportunity to purchase this now rather than in November – if you’d rather wait, feel free to do so!Guard Students need new shoes (every year as they change) a show shirt, and possibly new gloves (returning members may be able to use theirs from this year).You can also order accessories online (via Paypal) – online accessories order
- Medical Information Form – IMPORTANT! Every student must have this medical form on file before our first performance. The form does need to be notarized – you can find a notary at Alton High, most banks, and we always have some notaries stop by the first couple rehearsals of the summer to get forms finished up. Please get it in when you can! *students do need a new form on file every year.
- 100 Calendar Jun-Nov. 2016 – Calendar for the summer/fall. Please note that some items are TBA and that dates and times are subject to change – we’re still working some things out! Just want to let you plan ahead.
Trip Information – Nashville 2017!
- Alton 2017 powerpoint – presentation Mr. Ben Hilmer gave at the meeting – basic information.
- Alton 2017 – Trip Itinerary (dates) and pricing
- Alton SIGNUPCARDS – Trip Number and instructions for registering on the Music Travel website
- Timeline – General timeline from now to the trip – payments, meetings, etc.
Music Travel Consultants contact info:
Name: Ben Hilmer
Address: 7920 Georgetown Road, Suite 700 Indianapolis, IN 46268
Feel free to contact Ben with any questions!
Our first trip fundraiser is selling the pancake tickets for the ABOB Vendor Fair/Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, March 19 – 8am-10:30am in the AHS Commons. Please contact Ms. Cudney, Ms. Davis, Mr. Jarden, or Mr. King to sign out some tickets (packets of 5). You can also contact our Trip Fundraising Chair, Macie Henkhaus, at email@example.com. Tickets sell for $7 each and the profit goes directly into each student’s trip account.
*Note: Students’ names cannot be mentioned at the door – they must have pre-sold the ticket to receive the profit. Thanks for your help and understanding!