Hello! Here’s our week:
NEW! We did get into BOA (Bands of America) at the America’s Center (Edward Jones Dome downtown St. Louis) on Friday, October 20. We play at 10:30am. It will probably be an early morning. Just a heads up if you’d like to ask off work!
Also, a reminder that the Valhalla contest on Saturday, October 7 is an overnight – we will stay at a school that Saturday night, have lunch at Lambert’s and then be home early Sunday afternoon. I’ll send out more details when I have them!
- M100 Percussion – today, Monday, 9/11 – 3:15 – 4:30pm, AHS
- Full M100 Rehearsal – Tuesday, 9/12 – 6-8:30pm. Guard will begin at 5:30pm
- Dine Out for ABOB – Olga’s– Wednesday, 9/13 – For the flyer/more information: Dine out at Olga’s
- IMEA Audition Clinic – Wednesday, 9/13 – SIUE, 4:30-6(ish). This is for select students who plan on auditioning for IMEA on October 9. Mr. James will have more information this week!
- Full M100 Rehearsal – Thursday, 9/14 – 6-8:30pm. Guard will begin at 5:30pm
- Track Jacket Reorder – if you/your child would like to order a track jacket (new black/red design) we are doing a reorder! You can find the order form here: vintage jackets only. Orders are due this Friday, September 15!
- ABOB Trivia Night – Friday, 9/15 – For More Information: ABOB Trivia Night
Trivia night tables are sold out!!! We do still need help with judging. Please email Laura Plummer at email@example.com if you’re available. Thanks!
Trivia Night Baskets: Each section is sponsoring a basket for the silent auction at Trivia Night! Here’s the info:
Flute and Clarinet– Penny Boedeker- pet theme
Saxophone and Low Reed– Sara Wallace- money cake
Brass– Amy Hillery- Game night
Low Brass– Jamie Pullen- Halloween theme: not candy (there is already a candy themed basket). So I am asking for other items such as decorative knick-knacks, Halloween themed DVD’s, coloring or activity books, craft projects, etc. Or cash donations would be awesome, too. The kids can give their donations to Jacob, or parents can arrange to hand off to Jamie. We would like to have items by next Friday (8th) if possible. Jamie’s cell number is 792-1870. Parents may call or text Jamie.
Percussion and Pit– Amy Miller- candy basket
Drum Majors– Sarah Keith
Guard– Julie Beckham
If you have any questions, please contact them or you can contact Jennifer Patridge, at 618-604-8306.
- Contest time! Edwardsville Tiger Ambush – Saturday, 9/16 – Edwardsville Itinerary
- We reviewed the syllabus in class, and turning in the agreement is a grade! You can print out the agreement form and send it in, or you may complete the google form. You can find the syllabus here: 2017 Alton Band Program Syllabus.
- We have also distributed the Band 3 Honors information. You can find it here: Band 3 Honors Information
- Please don’t forget about forms!!! Some of these are still coming in – thanks for your attention!
- The $50 Band Fee is PAST DUE. Please make checks payable to ABOB. You can also pay online: Camp Fee Online Payment
- We also have an updated calendar: 2017 Calendar – Aug-Oct
Please note – the M100 Family Day on 9/30 is for the kids – we’ll rehearse, BBQ for lunch, and play some games/enjoy each other’s company. We’ll need some parent help with lunch, but it’s a day for the “M100 Family”
Please let us know if you have any questions!