Welcome Back! Here we go!!!
We are starting our regular Tuesday/Thursday evening rehearsal schedule this week!
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, 8/18 – Percussion rehearsal – 2-5pm
- Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – AHS – 6-8:30pm
- Thursday, 8/20 – Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – AHS – 6-8:30pm
- Friday, 8/21 – Performance – Red & Gray Scrimmage – Public School Stadium (West):
- Red-Gray Scrimmage Itinerary
- Saturday, 8/22 – Marching 100 Car Wash Fever!
- We need both parent and student volunteers! Students will sign up on the band room door later this week. Parents, please email Carol Wheaton at email@example.com to take a shift! It’s always a fun morning!
- Please see more information below:
MARCHING 100 CAR WASH/SECTION COMPETITION AUGUST 22, 2015
-CNB Bank 200E Homer Adams Parkway, PIT, BATTERY & COLOR GUARD
-Bowl Haven 3003 Humber Rd, BRASS
-North Elementary 5600 Godfrey Rd, WOODWINDS
School dress code must be followed. M100 spirit wear, old show shirts, Alton High apparel (even
Cardinals t shirts will work) and shorts. If your section decides to dress up in bikinis, coconut bras, hula
skirts, etc., these are to be worn OVER t shirt and shorts
3 EQUAL PARTS FOR JUDGING:
-Percent participation of the section based on the number of students in the section.
-Percent of $5 presale tickets sold by the section based on the number of students in the section.
-Total amount raised on the actual day of the car wash.
TO INCREASE DONATIONS:
-Sections may make and sell baked goods, bottles of water, soda, etc., but these items will NOT be
provided by ABOB.
-Sections may decorate site with balloons, canopies, etc., but these items will NOT be provided by ABOB.
-ABOB will also not provide coconut bras, bikinis or hula skirts.
-ABOB WILL PROVIDE poster board & markers for signs. Only positive posters promoting your section’s
car wash. No trash talk, please.
$5 PRESALE TICKETS
Each student will receive 5 $5 presale tickets to sell BEFORE the day of the car wash. Additional tickets
will be available upon request. These tickets may be used at ANY LOCATION. No presale ticket
customers will be turned away. If your family wants you to wash their car, make sure they know which
location and times you will be working.
The suggested donation on the day of the car wash will be $8, but ALL donations will be accepted.
The car wash will run from 9am-2pm. Two shifts will be available at each site: 8:30-11:30 and 11:30-
2:30pm. The extra half hour on each shift is for set up & clean up. Students will sign up in band starting
the first day of school. At least 2 adults are needed per shift at each site. The drum majors and sergeants
will be divided between the sites and shifts.
The prize for winning is the section gets to go first in line for food at a competition.