A couple of notes about our new after school rehearsals:
- Aren’t they great!?! We’ve got daylight, time to do homework, can eat dinner, etc!
- If your child must miss for a Dr. Appointment, please let us know and send them in with the excuse note from the office the next day – that way they won’t get a 0.
- We cannot excuse an email (from student or parent) that says “Student will miss this rehearsal or performance.” Please give us an explanation of why so we may plan! Emails that say this will be a 0. As a reminder, work is not an excused absence!
Thanks for your help keeping everyone on the same page!
We’ve got an easier week:
- Monday, August 27 – M100 Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm
- Jazz Band is kicking up today too – Mr. James will have one band that meets on Mondays from 3:40-4:30pm on Mondays. We’ll break up after 100 calms down.
- ABOB Meeting – 7pm, AHS. All are invited to attend!
- Tuesday, August 28 – Our annual Cheese & Sausage Fundraiser kicks off on Tuesday. This is not a trip fundraiser – this one helps ABOB cover all that they do! All orders are due on Tuesday, Sept. 11.
- Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday, August 30 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- TJ’s Pizza (Disney fundraiser) will be in on Thursday – please plan on grabbing it after rehearsal!
- We can take Spiritwear orders through Thursday – please get them in!
- Tuesday, September 4 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday, September 6 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Saturday, September 8 – Metro East Marching Classic, O’Fallon, IL – this one will be a rehearsal at AHS in the afternoon, load and play in the evening!
- Monday, September 10 – M100 Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm
- Jazz Band – 3:30-4:30
- Tuesday, September 11 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday, September 13 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Friday, September 14 – Football v. Belleville West – 5:45pm, Public School Stadium
- Satruday, September 15 – Drums at Appletime – Murphysboro, IL. Ignore the name, this is a contest for the entire Marching 100!
- It’s time to start thinking about the annual ABOB Trivia Night! Friday, September 21, 7pm at the Best Western Premier. For more info: ABOB Trivia Night
A calendar is attached in case you need it – 2018 Calendar
You can also find a list of all of ABOB’s 2018-19 happenings – 2018-19 ABOB Events & Fundraisers. *Please plan on helping/supporting these events. A majority of the Marching 100’s budget comes from ABOB’s support!
Beginning of the year info:
- AHS Bands Syllabus 2018-19 – this includes many important dates (due dates/performances/etc) as well as our expectations for the year. Please review it with your student and mark your calendars!
- ILMEA – we’re getting information out about this early! All band students are encouraged to try out for ILMEA (district honor band), but it is not required. However, the audition is the same as the audition for concert bands here, so it doesn’t hurt to try! Here’s the info:
Disney Trip Info:
As of 8/2, students should have $950 in their trip accounts. If you need special arrangements/need to make payments later, please be in touch with Music Travel – they’ll work with you, but need communication! Email Ben Hilmer – email@example.com to make arrangements.
Here’s where we are with fundraisers:
- All fundraising profits (before August) should be in the trip accounts – please let me know if you need clarification.
- Beefsticks – can be checked out before/after school or at our rehearsals. They go quick!
- Brooms & Popsockets – We have resumed check outs! Please check out brooms and popsockets with the band moms in the uniform room at Tuesday night rehearsals! You may also turn in any money/unsold items then too. Record clearance has been filed for those who still have items out.