Thank you to parents & students for all of your work last week – prepping for these parades take everyone’s help – thank you all!!!
This is our off week – there are no rehearsals at all July 5 – 15. Enjoy!!!
A couple of things for parents to think about:
- If you are comfortable driving a truck/30 foot trailer, please let me know…. Ms. Edwards & I drive it, but it ain’t pretty 🙂 Just looking to add some more help if we can!
- If you have a CDL license or are interested in getting one, please let me know.
- We’re starting to think about food for band camp & competitions. So far we don’t have much help! I think band camp just needs help for one meal (Wal-Mart subs), and if you’re the organizing type, please let me know. We’d like to have all kinds of help here. Thanks!
Just so everyone knows, Ms. Lexi Edwards is officially the Alton High Assistant Band Director, and Mr. Chris Jarden will be directing the AHS Jazz Band! Mr. Jarden would like to have a Jazz Camp on the following dates:
- Wednesday, 7/24 – 10am-2pm, AHS
- Friday, 7/26 – 10am-2pm, AHS
- Open to all who are interested in playing some jazz!
- Looking ahead to M100 rehearsals:
- M100 Guard will rehearse on Tuesday, 7/16 from 3:30-6pm.
- All instrumentalists (winds, brass, percussion) will have Music Camp starting on Wednesday, 7/17 from 10am-2pm.
- Music Camp – Thursday, 7/18 – 10am-2pm
- Music Camp – Friday, 7/19 – 10am-2pm
Just a reminder – The Medical Information Form is way past due – please get those in! We usually have a notary at rehearsal! All forms are at the bottom of this update.
Marching 100 info:
- We all ready have a change to the Fall Calendar – Homecoming has been moved, so the first two weeks in October have changed. We do not have a game on 10/4, and we will attend the Washington, MO Band Festival. The Homecoming Game will be on 10/11, and we will not attend the Bi-State Marching Invitational in Potosi, MO. Please toss October from the previous calendar – A new Calendar can be found here: UPDATED M100 2019 Calendar.
- Here are electronic versions of the other forms:
That’s it! Have a great week!