Hello! We are ready to get rolling with the Fall 2018 Season!
Here’s our week:
- Wednesday, July 11 – M100 Music Camp – 10am-2pm, AHS
- Thursday, July 12 – M100 Music Camp – 10am-2pm, AHS
- Friday, July 13 – M100 Music Camp – 10am-2pm, AHS
*Please let us know if your student needs a ride – we can try to help!
- Tuesday, July 17 – M100 Percussion Rehearsal – 3-5pm
Full M100 Rehearsal – 6-8:30pm
- Monday, July 23 – Friday, July 27 – M100 Band Camp – 8am-5pm, AHS
- Monday, July 23 – ABOB Meeting – 7pm, AHS
- Monday, July 30 – Thursday, August 2 – M100 Band Camp – 8am-5pm, AHS
It’s time to start thinking about Band Camp! Here’s what we’ll need:
Fruit – Grapes, pinapple, strawberries, etc. We freeze it and it’s a great break treat!
Powdered gatorade any flavor
Donations can be dropped off at the uniform room, or if you’d like to shop through Amazon/online you can have them sent to my attention at AHS (Alyssa Overmann 4200 Humbert Road Alton, IL 62002). Thank you!
Now is the time to start preparing for band camp! Please encourage your student to:
- For rehearsals they should wear shorts, tshirts, a ball cap, and bring a water bottle. “low top” tennis shoes – shoes that don’t go up past the ankle, are preferred as well to allow movement. We have lots of kids wearing hoodies/pants – it’s just too hot!!!
- Give up soda – start drinking lots of water
- Begin eating healthier (more fruits/veggies/lean protein, less cheetos/cupcakes/junk food).
- Getting outside everyday (wash the car, mow the lawn, walk the dog, play basketball, etc). Yes, it’s hot! I’m not convinced it’s going to get any cooler this summer.
- Please also encourage at home practice –they can practice marching (listen to the radio and march along, turn on a metronome), and work on memorizing the show. The more time they spend on it at home the easier it will be on Tuesday nights!!! If they have any questions they can contact their student leader, or shoot me an email.
Disney Trip Info:
As of 7/2, students should have $950 in their trip accounts. If you need special arrangements/need to make payments later, please be in touch with Music Travel – they’ll work with you, but need communication! Email Ben Hilmer – firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Here’s where we are with fundraisers:
- Brooms & Popsockets – We have resumed check outs! Please check out brooms and popsockets with the band moms in the uniform room at Tuesday night rehearsals! You may also turn in any money/unsold items then too. Record clearance has been filed for those who still have items out.