What a great concert last week! A fitting finish to a great year. Thank you parents for all you do to support your kids and this program!
Here’s what’s coming up next:
- Cherrydale Fundrsaiser Pick Up – Wednesday, May 11 – 2:45-5pm. Alton High School (pick up in back by the big red container box) Please be sure to get your items as some need to be kept frozen!
- Student Leader Interviews – Wednesday, May 11 – after school – TBA. We’ll be posting a schedule today.
- Nashville Trip Fundraising Meeting – Wednesday, May 11 – 7:00pm, Johnson’s Corner
- Marching 100 Spring Button Days – Friday, May 13 (evening) and Saturday, May 14 (morning). Student sign up sheets are on the band room door. Parents – for more information or to sign up to work, click here – M100 Spring Button Days – we still have several spots in need of an adult to supervise!
- ABOB Dine Out at Elijah P’s – Monday, May 16 – 4-9pm. This one will be great! Elijah P’s is opening up just for us on a Monday night, and Third Coast (Mr. Jarden & Mr. King’s group) will be the entertainment for the evening! Join us for a night of good food and great music – supporting a cause near and dear to all of us.
- Band Final Exam – Friday, May 20 – we plan on having a study guide/information out this week!
- ABOB Meeting – Monday, May 23 – 7pm, AHS Orchestra room
- AHS Graduation – Friday, May 27 – 3:30pm – 7:45pm (estimate). All students (except some percussion) play graduation! Here’s the plan:
- With finals/school getting out for summer we won’t see the band for a week before graduation (yikes!) So we’ll have a rehearsal the day of graduation (5/27):
- 3:30pm – Meet outside for quick Memorial Day parade rehearsal with color guard – wear tennis shoes/comfortable clothes
- 4:30pm – run graduation tunes
- 5:30pm – Eat dinner (provided by ABOB), change clothes – wear nice clothes for graduation – no jeans/tennis shoes!
- 6:30pm – Enter gym/start playing graduation prelude music
- 7:00pm – Graduation begins – Pomp & Circumstance
- 7:30pm – Finish playing – move chairs/stands/equipment back to band room. Dismiss.
- Memorial Day Parade (M100) – Monday, May 30 – Upper Alton. Memorial Day parade Itinerary
Marching 100 Color Guard & Percussion sections are gearing up for the season! Here’s their schedules:
- M100 Color Guard – Tuesdays & Thursdays through May – 3:45 – 6:30pm, AHS.
- M100 Percussion – Tuesday, May 24 – 6-8pm, AHS.
We are finalizing the Guard/Percussion summer rehearsals and will get that information out soon. Percussion is looking at Tuesdays/Fridays during the summer and Guard is looking at Tuesdays/Thursdays.
We’re getting close to marching season! Don’t forget about 1-2 Camp and the Tuesday rehearsals! Here’s the calendar – 100 Calendar Jun-Nov. 2016.
June is quickly approaching – please get in the following forms:
- Medical Information Form – needs to be notarized. Do we have any notaries that could be at AHS before/after 1-2 Camp?
- M100 Color Guard Accessories Order 2016 – due June 2. Checks payable to ABOB
- M100 Accessories Order 2016 – due June 2. Checks payable to ABOB
All students will need a show shirt. New members will need shoes and gloves (or returning members if they are torn up/too small).
Just a reminder to get the $50 Band Fee in. Feel free to pay in installments – $25 in June and $25 in July. Checks made payable to ABOB.