Hi Band Family,
What to put in a band update? Here’s what we know:
- The third quarter is ending as scheduled – please be sure the 3rd Quarter Scales & 3rd Quarter Playing Tests are in!!! (Google Classroom)
- There will be NO music activities or events beginning today, Monday 3/16 through Monday, March 30.
- Activities for the week we are scheduled to return are up in the air. If we are indeed back on Tuesday, March 31:
- Percussion Ensemble concert will be moved (not on the 31)
- We will have the Marching 100 kickoff meeting on April 1 at 6:30pm in the AHS Auditorium as scheduled.
- Jazz on a Spring Evening will be moved (not on April 2)
Classwork – We will be posting LOTS of things on Google Classroom. We will get 4th quarter playing tests, scales, Fine Arts Critiques, etc posted so they can just be out of the way for when we return. We will also be sending out supplemental materials for them to work on.
Today we HEAVILY stressed to the bands that taking two weeks off of their instrument will really hurt us for the big end of year activities – musical, orchestra, spring band concert, etc. Students need to play a little bit every day! (and they’ll have plenty of time to do so 🙂 ) Each band has music they can look at, they can get their playing tests done, run through a blue book warm up, etc. We really cannot afford to come back and be at square one! Thanks for encouraging them to give mini-concerts at home!
Ms. Edwards and I will also be available from 8am-12noon each day for students throughout the break:
- We will be checking email regularly
- I’ve turned my Google phone number back on – students can call or text if they have questions or need help with anything. They can call or text it at 314-472-5538. It rings to my cell phone!
- Students can reply to Remind texts
- We are also working on video chat options – we’re hoping we can get some individual lessons going!
That’s what we know. We’re hoping to be back up and running on March 31. In the meantime, please encourage music at home – it’ll help!!! 🙂
If Ms. Edwards or I can be of any help, please let us know.
Stay safe & healthy!