To parents and trip participants:
Trip shirts and hats are available for the upcoming Nashville Trip. One attachment has photos of the hat (Nashville 2017 trip hat) which will have Nashville 2017 on the side. The other attachment is the order form (Nashville Spirit Wear Order Form).
Please send forms and money to school by this Friday, March 3.
Contact Laura Shansey with any questions: email@example.com
Here’s what’s happening this week:
- ABOB Meeting – tonight, Monday, 2/27 – 7pm, AHS
- Our Third Quarter Scale Check Off Assignment & Third Quarter Playing Test Chunks have been posted in Google Classroom – the scales are concert Eb, Gb (F#), A, and A chromatic. All recordings are due this Friday, March 3.
- IHSA Solo & Ensemble Contest – Saturday, March 4 – all day, AHS. This is a big one for us! All Symphonic Band and Wind Symphony students will perform at some point during the day (schedules will go home today).
- We need both parent and student workers for the day – concession stand help, parking, helping point folks in the right direction (we have 19 schools visiting that day). Please email me if you are available to help throughout the day. We’ll start around 8am and will run to about 3. If you’re available, please let me know what times. Thanks in advance!
- Students have a sign up sheet on the band room doors. (Extra Credit/Band Service Hours opportunity!)
*Student workers will need to purchase lunch/snacks from the concession stand*
- Times for the bigger groups:
- Flute Choir – 1:40pm room B138
- Clarinet Choir – 9:50am – room B164
- Sax Choir – 9:30am – room B167
- Wind Symphony Brass Choir – 1:50pm – room B120 (choir room)
- Symphonic Band Brass Choir – 1:30pm – room B120 (choir room)
- Wind Symphony Percussion – 1:20pm – Auditorium
- Symphonic Band Percussion – 12:30pm- room B120 (choir room)
- ABOB Dinner Auction – Saturday, March 11, AHS Commons. Doors open at 5:30, dinner at 7pm. Cost is $25 per person, email Laura Plummer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information!
- It is time to start thinking about the Nashville Trip!!! A couple of things to know:
- Trip departure meeting – Wednesday, March 29, still at 6pm in the AHS Commons. Please make the change on your calendar – sorry for the inconvenience.
- All fundraising monies have been deposited in student’s accounts.
- Our annual Marching 100 kick off meeting has been scheduled! It will be Wednesday, April 12, 7pm in the AHS Auditorium.
I know many of you are starting to think about summer and the Marching 100 Schedule. We are just in the beginning/planning phases, but here’s what we’re thinking so far:
- 1-2 Camp! – Tuesday, 5/30 and Wednesday, 5/31 – 6-8pm, AHS
- Band Camp! – Monday, 7/24 – Thursday, 8/4 – 8am – 5pm, AHS
- We will be participating in the Red Bud Parade (Sunday, 6/25) and the VP Parade (Saturday, 7/1)
- Football game dates are available on the abob.net calendar
- *Please note that all these dates are TENTATIVE*. This is what Mr. James and I are thinking, but we still have to double check building usage/dates/conflicts. Just trying to help you plan ahead! Thanks for your flexibility.
- I sent an email out to those who have not yet paid the $50 Band Fees for this year. If you paid them at registration, that was for last year (2015)’s fees, not for this year (2016). Please send it in when you can. If you need to work out a payment plan, please let me know. Checks are payable to ABOB, or you can pay it online by clicking here