Hello! Sorry for the delayed update this week:
A note about Dinner Auction:
I am looking for parents to coordinate section baskets for the upcoming ABOB dinner auction.
You will need to decide on a theme and then collect donations from the section you represent.
Please help our students and ABOB support them during marching season and all year long.
Please email me at email@example.com or call/text 560-3823.
Here’s what’s coming up:
- Today, Thursday, 2/25 – Symphonic Band After School Rehearsal – 3:15-4pm. Students have an activity bus that they can ride home after – they just need to let Ms. Davis know. Also, please let her know if your student has a conflict – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Symphonic Band Rehearsal – Tuesday, 3/1 – 3:15-4pm, Band Room
- Winter Band Concert – Wednesday, 3/2 – 7pm, AHS Auditorium. All band students play on this concert!
- IHSA Solo & Ensemble – Saturday, 3/5 – All Wind Symphony and some Symphonic Band students will perform at Solo & Ensemble, which we host at AHS. Performance times will be out by the end of the week.
We do need parent help!!!
We are looking for a few parents volunteers for the following shifts:
- All Day – Room Monitors – 2-3 hour shifts per room
- 7:30am-9am – Parking – 2 parents
- 8:30am-2pm – Office Duties
– 6-8 parents to input scores– 2 parents filling and posting scores
- 8am-10am – Concessions – 4 parents
- 10am-12pm – Concessions – 5 parents
- 11am-1pm – Concessions – 5 parents
- 12 pm-2pm – Concessions – 4 parents
If you are interested, please e-mail me (email@example.com) or Ms. Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know which shift you’ll be taking!Thank you!
- ABOB Dinner Auction – Saturday, 3/12 – doors open at 5:30pm, dinner at 7pm. Invitations went out last week – please let me know if you did not receive one! You can also get your tickets at this link
- Marching 100 Kick-Off Meeting – Tuesday, March 8 – 6:30pm – Alton High Auditorium – We will kick off the 2016-2017 trip, discuss the calendar, and reveal the show!!!
- Marching 100 Pancake Breakfast/ABOB Vendor Fair – Saturday, 3/19 – if you are a vendor who would like to have a table, please email Mrs. Plummer at email@example.com. Students will be selling tickets to the pancake breakfast (first trip fundraiser!). More information will be coming at the beginning of March!
One more date for future planning – Jazz on a Spring Evening will be Thursday, April 7 at 7pm in the AMS Annex Cafeteria. The AMS and AHS jazz bands will play. Please put the date on your calendar!