Hello! We’re finally slowing down a bit! Time to sit down and work on… Christmas music!!!
On Friday, students had the opportunity to try out some “step up instruments” during class. These are intermediate or professional instruments meant to help students as they grow – in high school if a student is pretty serious about playing and thinks they will continue to play in college (whether or not they are a music major) it’s time to think about upgrading their instrument or mouthpiece beyond what they started on. Please discuss with your child – Christmas is a great time to think about upgrading and there’s lots of companies/events where students can try out a new instrument!
Here’s our week:
- Tom Evans (ABOB Fall Fundraiser – Cheese & Sausage) is offering ABOB 50% profit on online sales through November! Please see the link for more information: Online Fundraiser
- Today, Monday, November 5 – Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm
- Jazz Band – 3:30-5pm
- Tuesday, November 6 – Lovejoy Music Festival – 7pm, Lovejoy Elementary. We don’t have any groups performing this year, but it’s a great evening of celebrating music in the Alton School District! Some district band directors may be performing as well….
- Wednesday, November 7 – Butter Braid Pick Up – AHS – 2-5pm or 6-7pm. For more info: Butter Braid Pick Up
- Saturday, November 10 – Dine out for ABOB – Lucianna’s! – 7:30-2pm. All sales and preorders (think Thanksgiving!!!) will count towards a donation to ABOB! More info (and a menu): LuciAnna’s Dine Out
- Monday, November 12 – Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm
- Jazz Band – 3:30-5pm
- Tuesday, November 13 – AHS/AMS Winter Guard – first practice, 5:30-8:30, East Elementary Gym. Contact Mr. Paynic or Ms. Gossett for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Fall Orchestra Concert – 7pm, AHS Auditorium. Lots of band students will be performing!
- Saturday, November 17 – ILMEA Festival – selected students. We’ll be sending out information this week!
- Monday, November 19 – Jazz Band – 3:30-5pm
- Monday, November 26 – Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm
- Jazz on a Fall Evening – 7pm, Trimpe Building, LCCC
- Tuesday, November 27 – Pep Band Rehearsal – 3:15-4:15 – Band room
- Thursday, November 29 – Pep Band Game – BOTH red & gray bands – 6:15pm
- Friday, November 30 – Craft Fair Set Up
- Red Pep Band Game – 6:45pm, AHS
- Saturday December 1 & Sunday December 2 – Craft Fair – AHS. We will need both parent & student help for this GREAT event! Student sign up sheets will be posted later this month. Parents if you’re available to help (doors, concessions, parking, soda, baskets, etc), please let me know!
It’s time to start thinking about Pep Band!
*Pep band is a graded activity for all band students (25 points per game). We divide the band into two groups – Red Pep and Gray Pep, so they only attend half the games (5 games total) and can attend the other games for extra credit! We only have a drum set in pep band, so percussionists make up the time at the Monday after school percussion ensemble!
Band rosters will be posted this week, and here’s the pep band schedule:
|Tuesday, 11/27- 3:15-4:15||EVERYONE|
|Thursday, 11/29 – 6:15pm||EVERYONE|
|Friday, 11/30 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Friday, 12/14 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Friday, 12/21 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Tuesday, 1/8 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Friday, 1/11 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Saturday, 2/2 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Tuesday, 2/19 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Friday, 2/22 – 6:45pm||Gray|
Disney Wrap Up Info:
- We’re going to work on a Google Drive where everyone can drop/save pictures from the trip. Feel free to add/save some: Disney Photos 2018 Please just be sure you don’t delete/remove photos!
- Please don’t forget about the Disney Photo Orders – it’s a great shot! We still have 8 orders out! You will not receive your photo until it’s paid for. Checks can be made payable to ABOB.