Hello! Tis the season!
CRAFT FAIR HELP: It’s here! It’s here! Craft Fair is THIS weekend – December 1 & 2!
We need your help! Please consider working a shift (or two!) at the craft fair. This is one of ABOB’s biggest fundraisers of the year, raising money that directly helps your child in Marching 100:
- Events like craft fair are the reason M100 fees are only $50. NO other school in the area has fees this low.
- Buys show music
- Buys show drill
- Purchases all equipment for props
- Pays all contest entry fees
- Pays for meals on contest days
- Buys all flags/costumes for color guard
- Splits cost for marching instruments (drumline, pit, tubas, baritones, mellophones, etc) and uniforms with the school district
A two hour shift (or more!) to help is much needed and appreciated!
Sign up is easy – you can do it online!
- To sign up to help with doors, selling drinks, or working at the basket raffle, please see this link: Craft Fair Sign Up
- To sign up to help in the kitchen/cafeteria, please see this link: Craft Fair Kitchen Sign Up
- We also REALLY need some help with parking – just point folks in the right direction. To sign up, please let me know!
If you have any questions or need help signing up, please contact the following people:
- Mike & Angela Halliday – Kitchen – email@example.com or 444-1407
- Vicki Schilling – Doors – firstname.lastname@example.org or 531-5789
- Amy Hillery – Basket Raffle – email@example.com or 520-9850
- Penny Boedeker, Drinks – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alyssa Overmann or Laura Plummer, parking – email@example.com or 474-6966
Want to help some more??? We are looking for some parents to take over lining up parent volunteers for the doors/entrance fee, which Vicki Schilling has done for the past few years, and for someone to head up the parking committee. Please contact Laura Plummer if you are willing to be a part of the doors or parking team: firstname.lastname@example.org 474-6967. Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU in advance for all your help! This truly is a team effort.
Here’s our week – lots of pep!
- Today, Tuesday, November 27 – Pep Band Rehearsal – 3:15-4:15 – Band room. This is for everyone!
- Thursday, November 29 – Pep Band Game – BOTH red & gray bands – 6:15pm
- Friday, November 30 – Craft Fair Set Up
- NO Red Pep Band Game – this has been cancelled.
- Saturday December 1 & Sunday December 2 – Craft Fair – AHS. We will need both parent & student help for this GREAT event! Please see above. Student sign up sheets are posted on the orchestra room doors!
It’s time to start thinking about Pep Band!
*Pep band is a graded activity for all band students (25 points per game). We divide the band into two groups – Red Pep and Gray Pep, so they only attend half the games (5 games total) and can attend the other games for extra credit! We only have a drum set in pep band, so percussionists make up the time at the Monday after school percussion ensemble!
Band rosters are posted in the band room, and here’s the pep band schedule:
|Tuesday, 11/27- 3:15-4:15||EVERYONE|
|Thursday, 11/29 – 6:15pm||EVERYONE|
|Friday, 12/14 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Friday, 12/21 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Tuesday, 1/8 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Friday, 1/11 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Saturday, 2/2 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Tuesday, 2/19 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Friday, 2/22 – 6:45pm||Gray|
Disney Wrap Up:
- We’re going to work on a Google Drive where everyone can drop/save pictures from the trip. Feel free to add/save some: Disney Photos 2018 Please just be sure you don’t delete/remove photos!
- Please don’t forget about the Disney Photo Orders – it’s a great shot! We still have several orders out! You will not receive your photo until it’s paid for. Checks can be made payable to ABOB.