What a wonderful marching season we’ve had – we pushed until the very end, and it paid off! THANK YOU Parents for all of your help – rides to/from rehearsals, keeping kids on schedule, and helping out with pit, buses, food, uniforms…. the list goes on. We couldn’t do it without you!
We slow down a little bit…. but not much this week!
Concert Band auditions will finish this week!!!! Information was distributed on the first day of school. Music can be found here: AHS Band Auditions. Students will need to be familiar with the scales and etudes. For practice purposes, the link also has audio and video files of the music!
- Today, Monday, 10/30 NO Percussion rehearsal after school. Mondays will continue (percussion ensemble), but we’ll take this week off!
- Tuesday, 10/31 – Alton Halloween Parade – here’s our schedule:
5:45pm Meet at AHS, dress in uniform/load buses
6:25pm Depart Alton High School
6:45pm Arrive Alton Police Station/Alton Plaza
7:30pm Parade Step-Off
8:30pm Parade Ends at Piasa St./E 9th Street & Load Up
9:00pm Arrive Alton High School/Unload/Turn in All Parts of Uniform
- Thursday, 11/2 – Lovejoy Festival Concert – Lovejoy Elementary, 7pm. Jazz Band students will play – meet at Lovejoy at 6:30pm.
- Friday, 11/3 – Bandquet – AHS Commons 6-10pm. ABOB Covers dinner for students (with a canned good donation), and they can bring 2 guests ($20 each). RSVP’s are PAST DUE. Please contact me ASAP if your student plans on attending and has not turned one in.
- Saturday, 11/4 – Playoff Football Game – Public School Stadium (West). THIS IS HUGE!!! We will play at the game. Meet at West at 1:45pm. Game at 3pm. Parking will be crowded, so please plan ahead!!! We will plan on staying for the entire game.
Please email us ASAP if your student will be unable to attend – we know this was our first free weekend. We’ll make decisions on what we perform based on attendance. Just shoot us an email if your student cannot attend the game. Thanks!
We have received a lot of late submissions and questions about grades. We did have the first quarter playing tests due on Friday,10/13. Students should still get them in (scales & show chunk)! All information is posted on Google Classroom.
- Saturday, November 11 – Dine Out for ABOB – Lucianna’s Pastries – 7am-2:30pm – LuciAnna’s Dine Out
- Jazz IMEA (select student) – all day, Belleville East High School
- Wednesday, November 15 – Dine Out for ABOB – Riveria Maya
- Thursday, November 16 – Big Trip kick off Meeting – 7pm, AHS Auditorium
- Saturday, November 18 – IMEA Festival (select students) – SIU Carbondale
- Monday, November 20 – ABOB Meeting – 7pm, AHS Band Room
- Monday, November 27 – Jazz on a Fall Evening – 7:30pm – Ahlemeyer Atrium (ATC Building at LCCC)
Mark your calendar!!! It is time to start thinking about our next big trip! (Fall 2018) We’ve got some SUPER EXCITING things planned… we’ll announce the trip on November 1, and the trip kick off meeting will be Thursday, Nov. 16 at 7pm in the AHS Auditorium.