Here’s what our week looks like:
- Wednesday, 10/12 – Jazz Band in the band room – 3:30-5pm
- Thursday, 10/13 – Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – 6-8:30pm, AHS.
Pit will begin at 5pm.
- Friday, 10/15 – Football v. Edwardsville – 5:45pm, Public School Stadium (West). Please bring everything you need to perform – black marching shoes, black calf-length socks, show shirt, athletic shorts.
- This is also Senior Night for all of our senior students. Senior parents are to meet on the track at 6:20pm, introductions will begin with the Marching 100 at 6:30pm. They should have a list of students at the gate to allow parents in.
- Saturday, 10/15 – Francis Howell North Music in Motion Contest – St. Charles, MO – musicinmotionitinerary
- I have heard that many students are taking the PSAT Saturday morning, which means they will miss the bus, but will have plenty of time to get to FHN and perform! I have send you a separate email if your child told me they were taking the exam. Thanks!
Looking to next week:
- Tuesday, 10/18 – 8th Graders at Rehearsal/ABOB General Meeting. Rehearsal will start around 4:30pm over at Public School Stadium (West). The ABOB General Meeting performance will begin 7pm!
- Wednesday, 10/19 – Jazz Band – 3:30-5pm
- We also have an ABOB Dine Out day at Olga’s! Bring in the flyer and we get some of the proceeds from all orders throughout their business hours Wednesday (dine in and carry out)! Flyers will be handed out in class/at the general meeting, or you may print one here – olgas-kitchen-_-olgas-fundraisers
- Thursday, 10/20 – Last Marching 100 rehearsal of the season!!! 6-8:30pm. Pit will begin at 5pm
- Saturday, 10/11 – Ste. Genevieve Marching Festival
Invitations for the Marching 100 Bandquet on Friday, October 28 will be going out this evening. Some information has been left off – RSVPs can be turned into me or Mr. James – make checks (for guest meals) payable to ABOB. Thanks!
Here’s what else is going on:
- Assignments – we do have some assignments past due! All details are on Google Classroom – that is where they will be turned in as well:
- First Quarter Playing Test was extended to be due today, Tuesday, October 11 – please get it in!
- Concert Band Auditions will be at the end of this month (begins Oct. 24). The music students can prepare will be going out this week. Please encourage at home practice!
- We sent out an email about Trip Fundraisers, and the calendar fundraiser continues!!! If you missed it, you can find the information here – Nashville Trip Fundraisers
- I sent an email out to those who have not yet paid the $50 Band Fees for this year. If you paid them at registration, that was for last year (2015)’s fees, not for this year (2016). Please send it in when you can. If you need to work out a payment plan, please let me know. Checks are payable to ABOB, or you can pay it online by clicking here
- It’s time to start thinking about the ABOB Trivia Night! Friday, October 21 at the Best Western Premium Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn). Tables are sold out!!! For more information on how to help or donate please click here. Also, please see below for a message from Jen Patridge:
Dear ABOB family,
On Friday, October 21st ABOB will be hosting a trivia night at the Best Western. During trivia night, ABOB will be holding an auction for several baskets put together by different ABOB groups: woodwinds (flute, clarinet, and saxophone), brass, low brass, percussion, color guard, drum major and orchestra. Many Thanks to the group leaders (Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!) Each group will need donations for their baskets. If you would like to help with collecting for your group or if you need more information, please contact your group leader or you can contact me, Jennifer Patridge.
Thank you in advance for your support,
Woodwinds: Penny Boedeker
– SpaBrass: Jen King –
– PetsLow Brass: Tom or Jamie Pullen (Jamie –
Percussion: Laura Shansey– Holiday Decor
Drum Majors: Courtney Frosch– Movie Night
Color Guard: Tonya Duke 618-789-0035- Coloring Books
Orchestra: Ruth Waggener
Please keep baskets to around $40 to $75 and the due date for the Baskets is October 18th. Thank you! jp
I understand there has been some calendar confusion – with moving some files around, the calendar has gotten mixed up. Here are our remaining football game dates: Friday, October 14 – Senior Night
Of course we have our usual Tuesday/Thursday rehearsals through October, and the dates for our competitions are accurate – (10/15, 10/22).
A corrected calendar to print can be found here: 100 Full Calendar 2016 8.23