It’s still warm out! (Second Summer? Fake Fall?) Please remind your kiddo to dress appropriately for rehearsals (tshirt/shorts/hat), and to bring water! We’re in the final countdown – two more weeks of competition season!
Please don’t forget about the Disney Photo Orders – we cannot take any new orders, but please send in payment! Checks can be made payable to ABOB.
Please mark your calendars! Our Disney Trip Departure Meeting will be at 7pm on October 17 in the AHS Auditorium. Please make sure at least one person from your family is present!
Here’s our week:
- Monday, October 1 – M100 Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm
- Jazz Band – 3:30-4:30
- Tuesday, October 2 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Tom Evans/Cheese & Sausage Order Pick up – Tom Evans Pick Up Day
- Saturday, October 6 – Washington, MO Marching Invitational – Washington Itinerary
- Monday, October 8 – ILMEA District Auditions – Morning, Mascoutah High School. Select students – ILMEA Audition Info 2018
- Tuesday, October 9 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Wednesday, October 10 – Dine out for ABOB – Olga’s – plan on dining at Olga’s anytime during business hours. You do need to show a flyer – Dine Out at Olga’s
- Thursday, October 11 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Friday, October 12 – Football v. Granite City – 5:45pm, Public School Stadium
- Saturday, October 13 – Bi-State Marching Invitational – Potosi, MO. I know many students will take the PSAT that morning.
- I know many students are taking the PSAT in the morning – please email me to let me know you’re taking the test – we will have parents carpool down. Please let me know if you’re available to drive as well! Thanks!
- Monday, October 15 – M100 Percussion – 3:15-5pm
- Jazz Band – 3:30-4:30pm
- Tuesday, October 16 – 8th Grade Rehearsal/ABOB General Meeting – this takes place at West right after school – more info coming!
- Wednesday, October 17 – Disney Trip Departure Meeting – 7pm, AHS Auditorium
- Friday, October 19 – Senior Night Football v. East St. Louis – 5:45pm, West
AHS Band Audition Info – we’re getting information out about this early! Here’s the info:
- AHS Bands ILMEA Audition Info
- Form to sign up for ILMEA Auditions
- ILMEA & AHS Bands Audition Music (scroll to the bottom – 2018 Band Audition Requirements). Copies will be distributed in class as well, but here’s a head start!
Disney Trip Info:
Final invoices were emailed out last Monday (9/24), after all fundraising is deposited!
The final payment is due on 10/2.
If you need special arrangements/need to make payments later, please be in touch with Music Travel – they’ll work with you, but need communication! Email Ben Hilmer – email@example.com to make arrangements.
All fundraising has ended for the trip! Anything turned in after this point will go towards the 2020 trip. All funds should be showing in student accounts on the MTC website.