Ms. Edwards, Mr. Shaffer, and I will be out Thursday/Friday taking Fletcher to the ILMEA All-State Festival in Peoria. If you see Fletcher, please congratulate him! We have other band students going for choir/orchestra: Audrey (honors chorus) & Ben (viola – orchestra). It’s a HUGE honor to have these students attend!
Mrs. Laura Plummer will also be recognized as the 2019-20 IL String Teachers Association School Teacher of the Year. There’s so many great things happening in AHS Music!!!
Here’s our week:
- Monday, 1/27 – Percussion – 3:30-4:45pm
- ABOB Meeting, 7pm, AHS. If interested, we’ll be meeting to discuss dinner auction at 6:30pm!
- Wednesday, 1/29 – AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym. AMS – 3:45-6pm, AHS – 6-9pm
- Friday, 1/31 – AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym. AMS – 3:45-6pm, AHS – 6-9pm
- NO Pep Band game on 2/1. It’s a shootout, so a little different format.
We have discussed it in class, but ABOB offers a Summer Camp Scholarship that students are invited to audition for. You can find more info here. Applications are due February 5!
As we get started with the spring semester, the 3rd Quarter Scales are all ready posted on Google Classroom – they can be done and turned in at any time! We’ll get the playing test and fine arts critiques posted soon.
- Monday, 2/3 – Percussion – 3:30-4:45pm
- Wednesday, 2/5 – Jazz Band – 3:30-5pm
- AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym. AMS – 3:45-6pm, AHS – 6-9pm
- Thursday, 2/6 – Dinner Auction Invite stuffing – 7pm, Ed & Cathy Gray’s house. Email me for more information!
- Friday, 2/7 – AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym. AMS – 3:45-6pm, AHS – 6-9pm
- Saturday, 2/8 – WinterGuards at Edwardsville – Schedule
Looking further ahead (to make sure they’re on your calendar):
- Thursday, 2/27 – All Bands Concert, 7pm, AHS Auditorium
- Monday, 3/2 – Music For All Festival – O’Fallon, IL High School. This is our “contest” for the year. It’s on Pulaski Day – should be in the morning!
- Saturday, 3/7 – IHSA Solo & Ensemble Contest – All Day, AHS. This is an “all hands on deck” day! We will need lots of student and parent help to host the 20 schools that attend. All sophomores – seniors will also perform that day!
I know we’re starting to plan 2020 and summer dates. We don’t have anything set in stone yet, but here are the tentative M100 Band Camp Dates:
Monday, July 27 – Friday, July 31 & Monday, August 3 – Thursday, August 6. That gives us all a week for last minute vacations/to prep for school starting! *This is subject to change!!!!
Here’s the pep band game schedule:
|Friday, 2/14 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Friday, 2/21 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Saturday, 2/22 – 6:45pm||EVERYONE|
That’s it! Have a great week!