- Tonight, Tuesday, 1/22 – Make up Red Pep Band Game – 6:45pm, AHS
- Drumline will also be performing at this game, with the steppers! Drumline folks need to arrive at 7:10pm. Wear black athletic pants and red AHS Spiritwear. If you don’t have black pants, dark jeans will work!
- Wednesday, 1/23 – Saturday, 1/26 – ILMEA All-State Conference in Peoria. Congratulations to Fletcher Leonard who will be representing AHS Bands at All-State!!! All directors will be attending the conference – please email us if you need anything.
- Saturday, 1/26 – AMS/AHS Winterguards to Mascoutah – info below!
- If you ordered an ornament – they’re here! All ornaments that were paid for have been delivered. If you still owe, please send in the $10 and we’ll send home yours! Thanks!
- Monday, 1/28 – Percussion Ensemble – 3:15-4:30pm
- Jazz Band – 3:15-5pm
- ABOB Meeting – 7pm, AHS
- Saturday, 2/2 – Gray Pep Band Game – 6:45pm, AHS
It is time to start thinking about IHSA Solo & Ensemble! We will be hosting Solo & Ensemble on Saturday, March 2, here at AHS. We have been discussing in class, but students need to get in their fees ASAP. Solos are $8, Ensembles are $15 (divided among the participants). Please ask your kiddo what they’re doing for solo & ensemble and send it in! Checks can be made payable to Alton High. Thanks!
We will need all kinds of parent help that day as well! .
Please mark your calendar to hang that day – more information will be coming!
- Tuesdays & Thursdays – High School Rehearsal – 5:30-8:30pm – ECC
- Wednesdays & Fridays – Middle School Rehearsal – 3:45-6:30pm – ECC
- Saturday, January 26 – Winter Guards to Mascoutah – Schedule
- Mark your calendar! A Quarter Auction to support the AMS/AHS Winterguard will be on Saturday, February 9 at Alton Sports Tap. More information TBA
An update about Remind: TONS of people have shown support for the need to keep Verizon customers receiving the texts. Here’s an update from the Remind folks: No deal with Verizon yet
So, as of 1/28, Remind will no longer send text messages to Verizon accounts due to a new fee that Verizon is imposing. Hopefully they get it worked out, but here’s what you can do if you’re a Verizon customer:
- Change your Remind settings so you can get messages via the app or through email (or both!)
- Call Verizon to let them know you’d like to receive Remind via text message – and to reverse the new fees!
- You can find all this information here – Remind/Verizon
That’s it! Have a great week!