- Today, Monday, 11/30 – Pep Band Rehearsal for everyone – 3:12 – 4:33pm. We will probably get out early again!
- AHS Jazz Band Concert with LCCC – LOCATION CHANGE – meet in the LCCC Commons at 6:45, combo starts playing at 7:15pm. Fine Arts Critique Opportunity – see below for the information/rubric.
- Tuesday, December 1 – Symphonic Band Rehearsal – after school, 3:15-4pm.
- Pep Band Game for everyone (both bands) – AHS, 6:30pm. Students should wear their pep band t-shirts and jeans. Hopefully we have the new shirts in tomorrow!
- Thursday, December 3 – AHS Choir Concert – 7pm, AHS Auditorium – Fine Arts Critique Opportunity – Fine Arts Critique Rubric for All Bands
- Friday, December 4 – ABOB Craft Fair Set Up
Students have sign up sheets on the band room door!
Students who work the 6am Saturday (crafter move in) shift will be excused from writing a Fine Arts Critique for this semester. All other shifts will be 10 points extra credit per hour worked.
- Saturday, December 5 – Sunday, December 6 – ABOB Craft Fair – see below to volunteer. Again, student sign up sheets are on the band room door.
Tis the season! If you plan on doing some holiday shopping through Amazon.com, please click through the link on abob.net – it’s just one more click and you help ABOB in the process!
You can find a short how-to video here: ABOB & Amazon
Remainder of the semester:
- Tuesday, December 8 –Symphonic Band Rehearsal – after school, 3:15-4pm.
- Gray Pep Band Game – 6:45pm, AHS
- Wednesday, December 9 – Alton Bands (6th grade – high school) Concert – 7pm, AHS Gym
Wind Symphony will wear their tuxedos/dresses. Symphonic Band will wear all black. We will need student/parent help to lay carpet/set up the bands around 5:30pm (bring your concert clothes to change into after set up). Please help if you can! Call time for high school band students will be 6:15pm (dressed and ready to go!)
- Thursday, December 10 – Wicked at the Fox Theatre (students/parents who bought tickets). We will leave Alton High by bus at 6pm. We should be back around 10pm (estimate). Dress very nice!
- Friday, December 11 – Fine Arts Critiques due – Color Guard Members must turn one in as well!
Those who attend Wicked on Dec. 10 and wish to write on it may turn that critique in on Monday, Dec. 14.
- Monday, December 14 – if you’re interested in helping with the ABOB Dinner Auction in March the first meeting is at 7pm at Ed Gray’s house. Please email me for more information.
- Friday, December 18 – Red Pep Band Game – 6:45pm, AHS.