Hello again! Just some last minute information:
We did post a AHS Jazz Update for some upcoming events – Click here for more information!
- Full Rehearsal tonight – 6-8:30pm, AHS. We’re planning on running it like it’s a contest – visual warm up, music warm up, run the show. We’ll then fix any errors and let them go – My hope is around 7:45-8:00!
- Senior Night Football – tomorrow, 5:30pm – West. Full uniform (marching shoes, black calf-length socks!!!)
- Senior parents – they will be lining up for senior introductions at 6:20, with introductions starting at 6:40pm. They are not distributing letters this year – when you arrive at the gate simply give your student’s name (and your name) and they’ll let you in!
- All band members will be wearing full uniform – seniors can wear their marching shoes, black socks, jeans, and their Triumph show shirt.
- St. Genevieve Conest – Saturday – St. Gen Itinerary
- Weather is looking better (they’re just calling for morning showers now). We will play rain or shine! Gotta take advantage of the last show 🙂
- Please make sure your student is on time (1:40pm) – we don’t allow much time for leaving late!
Bandquet 2015 – Click Here for Information
At the moment we only have 2 RSVP’s for Bandquet. The caterer needs numbers by this Monday, October 26! I know it’s a quick turn around – we fell a little behind this year. Please at least get Ms. Davis a number of who is attending ASAP – you can send it in with a check or email her at email@example.com with your number. THANKS for the quick help!
Auditions – Please encourage at home practice! Some of us are getting really nervous about auditions – the more prepared they are, the better it will go/the less nervous it will be. We try to make it as painless a process as possible, but nerves are a natural part of auditioning. If you have any questions, let us know!
If your student does not have the scales, you can find them at the link here – AHS Band Audition Scales. Junior scales are correct. Please be sure to print out the correct instrument!
Students will play through the scale sheet and sight read for the audition. Auditions are blind.
Butter Braid Pick Up is this Tuesday, October 27 – Click here for more information.
Last plug – Dine Out for ABOB – Olga’s Edition – Wednesday, 10/28 – Please click this link, print out the flyer, and present it when you dine at Olga’s! The more folks we have participate, the more we make! Good for all business hours (and take out orders) on the 28!