Hello! Hope you’re staying dry out there. I’ve heard about some confusion, so here’s the outline for the week:
- Today, Friday, June 26 – Percussion rehearsal 2-6pm
- Sunday, June 28 – Red Bud Parade – Red Bud Parade Itinerary. At rehearsal I asked everyone to plan on getting there a little early (any time between 11:30-noon) to get show shirts distributed.
- Tuesday, June 30 – rehearsals as normal:
- Percussion 2-5pm, join full rehearsal 6-8:30pm
- Guard 4-8pm
- Full Marching 100 rehearsal 6-8:30pm
- Thursday, July 2 – Full Marching 100 rehearsal – 10am – 12noon. This rehearsal is scheduled during the time we’ll be marching in the VP parade to get used to the heat/sun/etc. Summer school students will be excused, but please let me know. Also, let me know if anyone needs a ride – we can work something out!
Guard will need to be at this rehearsal, and they will not rehearse that afternoon.
- Friday, July 3 – Percussion rehearsal 2-6pm
- Saturday, July 4 – VP Parade – VP Parade itinerary
- The VP Parade will be broadcast on KMOV (Channel 4) starting around 10am. The Alton High color guard has also been asked to participate in the broadcast finale, which will take place in the World’s Fair Pavilion – we don’t know yet what this means, but keep the DVR going all the way to the end of the broadcast!!!
- Forest Park is a beautiful location for the parade, and will get you some great pictures of the band. Here’s a link to the parade route if you’d like to come down to cheer us on!
- The week after – July 5 – 11 – is totally free! The only rehearsal we’ll have that week is Mr. Jarden’s Wednesday Jazz Band. No percussion, guard, or 100 rehearsal!
The weather looks like it’ll be great for both parades, but please encourage your student to get outside, get moving, and to give up soda/junk food for the week. Drinking lots of water, eating fruits/veggies/lean protein and getting accustomed to moving outside will keep them much more comfortable. Getting into the habit now will help get them through band camp as well!
Just a heads up, we will start some light physical training (jumping jacks, squats, calf raises, push ups, light running, etc.) at our July rehearsals. Marching band is a physical activity!
A note about Band Camp supplies: