Hello! Just a couple of reminders:
- We will have notaries present after rehearsal (8:30pm) on Tuesday, June 23 if you’d like to get the medical form turned in! Medical Information Form
- This was discussed at parent 1-2 Camp, but the Rosewood Heights Fire Dept. is hosting a Free CPR Class, open to anyone who is interested. It’s on Saturday, June 27, 2015 from 8:30am – 11:30am at the Rosewood Heights Fire Protection District – 45 East Airline Drive. You do need to RSVP by calling 618-259-3311.
- Our first parade is in a little over a week! We’ll travel to Red Bud, IL for their Firemen’s Parade on Sunday, June 28 – Red Bud Parade Itinerary
- Just a reminder that we do have two rehearsals the week of June 29 to prepare for the VP Parade – Tuesday, June 30 – 6-8:30pm (as usual) and Thursday, July 2 – 10am – 12 noon. We schedule this rehearsal so we can feel what marching during the actual VP Parade time will feel like (heat, sun, etc.) Summer school students will be excused (please let me know). If your student will need a ride, please let us know ASAP – we can help!
- Band Camp Needs: A message from Joy Sawyer:
Hello Parents,Here is a list of items the kids need donated for band camp. I know Band Camp doesn’t start until July 27 but this gives us more time to get donations in and know how much more we need. The band is bigger this year than last so we will need even more donations. I can give a basic idea of the amount of supplies we go through……last year we used 62 of the 50 ounce (large) powder Gatorade mix. That is with the kids getting ice water in the morning and Gatorade in the afternoon. If we get enough Gatorade we can do some in the mornings too. The kids ate 120 cans of can pineapple chunks and 32 gallons of fresh grapes. We freeze these in small portions and the kids like to eat the cold fruit when they are hot. That’s just a basic idea. I think the band has grown by around 50 kids-we serve all the kids at band camp-pit, flags, everyone. So any donation you can make is helpful.*Gatorade powder 50 ounce cans, I know you can find them at Walmart.*Can pineapple chunks-not crushed*Animal Crackers*Pretzels*Cheez Its-any brand*Fresh Grapes-we usually wait til right before Band Camp or during to collect*Sunscreen spray type.*You can also make a financial donation if it is easier for you and I can go shopping to buy what we are low on.It is better to buy the larger bags of items when possible since it cuts down on paper waste. If the kids get the individual size items, we have lots of paper flying around and lots of food tossed out too since they can’t take food on the field.Please also keep in mind that if you buy these items through Amazon (link on ABOB.net) we get a portion of the proceeds back! Amazon LinkI will be at rehearsals so you can send your donations in anytime. If I’m not there, which I should be, just have your child give it to Ms. Cudney and I will check in with her. If you have any questions just let me know. I’d be happy to find the answer if I don’t know.Don’t worry I’ll send more reminders and keep you updated on what it looks like we might need more of as donations come in.Thanks for all your help and support for the band!If you’d like to contact Joy, you can do so at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please encourage at home practice of both marching and playing the parade tune. At this point your child knows what they should look/sound like. Ask them to play the parade tune for you (both looking at it and from memory). Ask them to show you mark time, horns up, hindu, correct posture. Have them go outside and march around! 🙂
If performing for you absolutely horrifies your child, please encourage them to practice on their own in front of a mirror – checking horn angle, posture, etc.
Also, the more water they drink and the more they’re outside being active the easier this all gets! Thanks for the help!
Have a fantastic weekend!