Welcome to the 2020 Marching 100 season! This information is in place of the annual kickoff meeting – we’re trying to keep moving forward as much as we can. Please continue to be flexible – we are taking everything day by day, and we will officially get started when we get the okay to do so!
We’ll be starting up with the 2020 season Band Updates mid-May. If you don’t already receive the band updates, please email me a good email address and we’ll get the 2020 list going – firstname.lastname@example.org. Incoming freshmen parents – if you received this information, we have your email. If you would like a different/additional one on the list, please let us know. Also, please forward this information to anyone who may need it!
Please be patient with the 2020 Calendar – we will adjust dates as needed, but we’ll try to stick to this as much as possible! M100 2020 Calendar
Here are electronic versions of the other forms:
M100 Handbook 2020 – please send in the Student Info Form (last page)! All of our policies (absences, alternate system, parent involvement, etc) are listed in the handbook! Please be sure to familiarize yourself with it – if you’ve had a student in M100 before, not much has changed.
M100 Medical Information Form – must be notarized, needs to be in by the end of June. Everyone must turn one in every year!
- New members will need everything on the form (shoes, gloves, show shirt, shorts).
- Returning members may reuse their shoes, gloves, and shorts from last year if they still fit/are in good condition.
- Percussionists (drumline & pit) do not need gloves.
- This year’s shorts have pockets – They will still run big.
- Parents! This is our only show shirt order for the year – if you’d like one, please order yours as well!
- We do suggest ordering a couple pairs of gloves (one always goes missing!) and possibly more than one show shirt – we sometimes have football on Friday and a contest on Saturday – saves on laundry.
M100 Color Guard Accessories Order Form – please send in payment and form by May 25 (Memorial Day)
Parents! We need your help! We have several opportunities to get involved:
- Uniforms – We are looking for help here! It’s fitting kids for uniforms/keeping track of who has what sizes/being available for last minute uniform emergencies!
- Food – we’re forming some committees to help feed the band this season. If you’re interested in helping out, please let me know!
- Even if leading a committee isn’t your thing, please get involved. We need all the parent help we can get – and you’ll have fun! It’s so much fun to interact with the kids and celebrate their successes with them. Please jump in!
Communication is key! Please let us know if your student needs to miss any activity for any reason. You can send in an Excused Absence Request form or simply send us an email – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
I think that’s it! Ms. Edwards has created a GREAT (and funny!) video to reveal the 2020 show. It is posted on Google Classroom – 6:45pm Wed. 4/8. Show music will be posted at 7:00pm so we can start looking at it!
Please let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for your flexibility – we’re trying to keep moving forward even while paused with COVID-19.