Welcome to the 2019 Marching 100 season! This information is a recap for those able to attend the meeting on 4/17 and for our new color guard members (congrats on making the team!) For those unable to attend, your student should have received paper copies of our handouts, and electronic versions will be below.
We’ll be starting up with the 2019 season Band Updates soon! If you are on the list in error, or if you’d like to receive the updates at a different/additional email address, please let me know.
We all ready have a change to the Fall Calendar – Homecoming has been moved, so the first two weeks in October have changed. We do not have a game on 10/4, and we will attend the Washington, MO Band Festival. The Homecoming Game will be on 10/11, and we will not attend the Bi-State Marching Invitational in Potosi, MO. Please toss October from the previous calendar – A new Calendar can be found here: UPDATED M100 2019 Calendar.
Here are electronic versions of the other forms:
M100 Handbook 2019 – please send in the Student Info Form (last page) if you have not done so! All of our policies (absences, alternate system, parent involvement, etc) are listed in the handbook! Please be sure to familiarize yourself with it.
M100 Medical Information Form – must be notarized, needs to be in by the end of June.
M100 Accessories Order Form – please send in payment and form by May 27 (Memorial Day). Some notes:
- New members will need everything on the form (shoes, gloves, show shirt, shorts).
- Returning members may reuse their shoes, gloves, and shorts from last year if they still fit/are in good condition.
- Percussionists (drumline & pit) do not need gloves.
- This year’s shorts will have pockets! They will still run big.
- Parents! This is our only show shirt order for the year – if you’d like one, please order yours as well!
- We do suggest ordering a couple pairs of gloves (one always goes missing!) and possibly more than one show shirt – we sometimes have football on Friday and a contest on Saturday – saves on laundry!
M100 Color Guard Accessories Order Form – please send in payment and form by May 27 (Memorial Day)
Parents! We need your help! We have several opportunities to get involved:
- Uniforms – Sara Wallace, our uniform mom (fitting, cleaning, hemming, etc) will be graduating next year – if you can help/shadow her this year, please let me know!
- Bus Chaperones – Amy Miller, lead bus chaperone, will be graduating next year – if you can help/shadow her this year, please let me know!
- Food – we’re forming some committees to help feed the band this season. If you’re interested in helping out, please let me know!
- Even if leading a committee isn’t your thing, please get involved! We need all the parent help we can get – and you’ll have fun! It’s so much fun to interact with the kids and celebrate their successes with them. Please jump in!
Communication is key! Please let us know if your student needs to miss any activity for any reason. You can send in an Excused Absence Request form or simply send us an email – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
I think that’s it! Please let us know if you have any questions – we’re going to have a GREAT SEASON!