Hello! Hope you had a relaxing weekend. Here we go with competition season! Believe it or not, we’re all ready on the downhill slide – 6 weeks left!
Here’s our week:
- Today, Tuesday, September 4 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Wednesday, September 5 – Cheese & Sausage Check in Day – if your student has sold 10 or more items, they can check in and try for a prize! All cheese & sausage orders are due on Tuesday, September 11. For more information – Tom Evans Fall Fundraiser
- Thursday, September 6 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- This Thursday is the last day for Disney Spiritwear – please get those orders in!
- Friday, September 7 – ALL FUNDRAISING (Brooms, Beefsticks, Popsockets) for the Disney Trip must be in by Friday in order to get sent to MTC on time. Please finish up and get it in! NO EXCEPTIONS – anything turned in after Friday will go towards the next trip (2020).
- Saturday, September 8 – Metro East Marching Classic, O’Fallon, IL – MEMC Itinerary
- Monday, September 10 – M100 Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm
- Jazz Band – 3:30-4:30
- Tuesday, September 11 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday, September 13 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Friday, September 14 – Football v. Belleville West – 5:45pm, Public School Stadium
- Satruday, September 15 – Drums at Appletime – Murphysboro, IL. Ignore the name, this is a contest for the entire Marching 100!
- It’s time to start thinking about the annual ABOB Trivia Night! Friday, September 21, 7pm at the Best Western Premier. For more info: ABOB Trivia Night
- We will also have Button Days on Saturday, September 29 – just in the morning! We’ll have various locations around town! Sign up sheets will be up soon.
A calendar is attached in case you need it – 2018 Calendar
You can also find a list of all of ABOB’s 2018-19 happenings – 2018-19 ABOB Events & Fundraisers. *Please plan on helping/supporting these events. A majority of the Marching 100’s budget comes from ABOB’s support!
ILMEA/AHS Band Audition Info – we’re getting information out about this early! All band students are encouraged to try out for ILMEA (district honor band), but it is not required. However, the audition is the same as the audition for concert bands here, so it doesn’t hurt to try! Here’s the info:
Disney Trip Info:
As of 9/2, students should have $1075 in their trip accounts. The final payment (amounts will be emailed – believe it or not we still have additions/drops to the trip!) is due on 10/2.
If you need special arrangements/need to make payments later, please be in touch with Music Travel – they’ll work with you, but need communication! Email Ben Hilmer – firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Here’s where we are with fundraisers:
- All fundraising profits (before August) should be in the trip accounts – please let me know if you need clarification.
- Brooms & Popsockets – We have resumed check outs! Please check out brooms and popsockets with the band moms in the uniform room at Tuesday night rehearsals! You may also turn in any money/unsold items then too. Record clearance has been filed for those who still have items out.