As you know, it’s still HOT out! Please encourage your student to treat our after school rehearsals like band camp – bring a water bottle, sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, light weight t-shirt/shorts to change into. We’ve got to keep pushing ahead – it’s way easier when they’re prepared! The band room is open every morning before school so they can drop a bag off. Thanks for the help!
Our vinyls for the props will be arriving this week! We will need all hands on deck getting them onto our tubes. Please be on the lookout for an email with times to help – it’ll be sometime between Tuesday-Thursday!
Here’s our week:
- Monday, September 17 – M100 Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm
- Jazz Band – 3:30-4:30pm
- Tuesday, September 18 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Friday, September 21 – ABOB Trivia Night! , 7pm at the Best Western Premier. For more info: ABOB Trivia Night. We are down to 1 table! Please contact Tonya Duke to reserve your table. We will also need some adult help – judges, check in, and silent auction. Please contact Tonya Duke if you’re available – 618-789-0035 or email@example.com
- Saturday, September 22 – Mt. Zion Marching Music Games – Mt. Zion Itinerary
- Monday, September 24 – M100 Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm
- Jazz Band – 3:30-4:30
- ABOB Meeting – 7pm, AHS Orchestra Room
- Tuesday, September 25 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Friday, September 28 – Homecoming Football v. Belleville East – 5:45, Public School Stadium. Seniors will be riding in the parade beforehand – plan ahead! We’ll be discussing in class.
- We will also have Button Days on Saturday, September 29 – just in the morning! We’ll have various locations around town! Sign up sheets will be up soon.
- Monday, October 1 – M100 Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm
- Jazz Band – 3:30-4:30
- Tuesday, October 2 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 – Washington, MO Marching Invitational
A calendar is attached in case you need it – 2018 Calendar
You can also find a list of all of ABOB’s 2018-19 happenings – 2018-19 ABOB Events & Fundraisers. *Please plan on helping/supporting these events. A majority of the Marching 100’s budget comes from ABOB’s support!
ILMEA/AHS Band Audition Info – we’re getting information out about this early! All band students are encouraged to try out for ILMEA (district honor band), but it is not required. However, the audition is the same as the audition for concert bands here, so it doesn’t hurt to try! Here’s the info:
Disney Trip Info:
As of 9/2, students should have $1075 in their trip accounts. The final payment (amounts will be emailed – believe it or not we still have additions/drops to the trip!) is due on 10/2.
If you need special arrangements/need to make payments later, please be in touch with Music Travel – they’ll work with you, but need communication! Email Ben Hilmer – firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
All fundraising has ended for the trip! Anything turned in after this point will go towards the 2020 trip. Funds were double checked and mailed last week (week of 9/10)!