Thank you to all who helped with both the Car Wash and Button Days! Both were highly successful and fun! We appreciate your help and support!
Here’s our week:
- Full M100 Rehearsal – tonight, Tuesday, 8/29 – 6-8:30pm. Guard will begin at 5:30pm
- Today, Tuesday, 8/29 is also the second check in (sell 12 items) for the Cheese & Sausage Fundraiser. Students must have the little ticket filled out to participate!
- Full M100 Rehearsal – Thursday, 8/31 – 6-8:30pm. Guard will begin at 5:30pm
- Football v. Quincy – Friday, 9/1 – 5:30pm, Public School Stadium (West)
- We will wear full uniform on Friday night – marching shoes, long black socks, athletic shorts (under bibs), show shirt (under jacket), gloves, and hat.
- We’ve had a lot of marching shoes go missing. Please let us know ASAP if your student needs new ones. It also helps to write their name on the tongue or label inside the shoes!
- Here’s a rough estimate of how football games work:
- 5:30pm – Arrive at West, meet by the trailer. Unload/Get Dressed/Warm Up
- 6:45pm – Pregame on the field
- 7:00pm – Kickoff
- 1st Quarter – Play/Cheer in the Stands
- 2nd Quarter – Play/Cheer in the Stands/Warm up for half time
- Halftime performance (7:45 – 8:00 area?)
- 3rd Quarter – Play/Cheer in the Stands
- 4th Quarter – hang uniforms/load trailer/social time
- All students are expected to stay with the band through the 3rd Quarter! Each game is different as to how fast it moves – please be patient!
- Cheese & Sausage Orders are due Tuesday, September 5. For more information: ABOB Fall Fundraiser
- Full M100 Rehearsal – Tuesday, 9/5 – 6-8:30pm. Guard will begin at 5:30pm
- Full M100 Rehearsal – Thursday, 9/7 – 6-8:30pm. Guard will begin at 5:30pm
- Football v. Collinsville – Friday, 9/8 – 5:30pm, Public School Stadium
- M100 Percussion – Monday, 9/11 – 3:15 – 4:30pm, AHS
- Full M100 Rehearsal – Tuesday, 9/12 – 6-8:30pm. Guard will begin at 5:30pm
- Dine Out for ABOB – Olga’s– Wednesday, 9/13 – For the flyer/more information: Dine out at Olga’s
- Full M100 Rehearsal – Thursday, 9/14 – 6-8:30pm. Guard will begin at 5:30pm
- ABOB Trivia Night – Friday, 9/15 – For More Information: ABOB Trivia Night
Tables are going fast!!!
- Contest time! Edwardsville Tiger Ambush – Saturday, 9/16 – more information TBA (afternoon/evening).
We usually don’t have an itinerary/schedule until the week of a competition. Please plan on the whole day, and thanks for your patience!
- We reviewed the syllabus in class, and turning in the agreement is a grade! You can print out the agreement form and send it in, or you may complete the google form. You can find the syllabus here: 2017 Alton Band Program Syllabus.
- We have also distributed the Band 3 Honors information. You can find it here: Band 3 Honors Information
- Please don’t forget about forms!!! Some of these are still coming in – thanks for your attention!
- The $50 Band Fee is PAST DUE. Please make checks payable to ABOB. You can also pay online: Camp Fee Online Payment
- We also have an updated calendar: 2017 Calendar – Aug-Oct
Please note – the M100 Family Day on 9/30 is for the kids – we’ll rehearse, BBQ for lunch, and play some games/enjoy each other’s company. We’ll need some parent help with lunch, but it’s a day for the “M100 Family”
Please let us know if you have any questions! Have a great week and Labor Day weekend!