As you are all aware, the Marching 100 Car Wash was rained out on Saturday. If your child sold advance tickets, please send that money in. We will not be issuing refunds for the pre-sold tickets – instead they can hang onto it and we’ll reschedule the car wash in the spring. They will be able to use this fall’s tickets at the next car wash. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please have them call me at 474-6966. Thanks!
Here’s what the week looks like:
- Tonight, 8/24 – ABOB Meeting, 7pm, AHS Orchestra Room. All are welcome!
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, 8/25 – Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – 6-8:30pm, AHS
- Please remember that all evening rehearsals are a 25 point grade! Being no call, no show to an evening rehearsal will also prevent your child from marching in that week’s performance. Please plan ahead!
- Tuesday also kicks off the fall ABOB Cheese & Sausage Fundraiser! Please ask your child for the information tomorrow evening. All orders are due on Tuesday, September 8. Items will be delivered to AHS the week of September 28. The “early orders” for students to receive prizes (we’ll explain tomorrow) are Thursday, August 27 (slip 1 – sell at least 5 items) & Thursday, September 3 (slip 2 – sell an additional 7 items). Thanks in advance for your support!
- Thursday, 8/27 – Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – 6-8:30pm, AHS
- Friday, 8/28 – Football Game – 5:15pm, Public School Stadium (West).
- We will wear uniforms for this performance. We will load uniforms on the trailer either at Thursday evening’s rehearsal or Friday during class. Students will need to wear their black marching shoes, black calf length socks, athletic shorts, Gotham show shirt. We will be distributing gloves at the game! Just a reminder that long hair will need to be pinned up to fit in the hat, and no jewelry is to be worn while in uniform!
- We stay through the third quarter of the football game – we’ll play pregame, cheer in the stands 1st quarter, warm up 2nd quarter, and cheer in the stands 3rd quarter. 4th quarter the band is released to enjoy the rest of the game!
- We will need LOTS of parent help at football games and competitions! The pit struggled to get all of their equipment on the field Friday night at the Red & Gray Scrimmage – we only had about 8 parents to help out. Once we add the scaffolding in, we’ll need lots more parent help! Please don’t wait to be asked – just jump in! Parents meet down by the Marching 100 trailer on the track at Public School Stadium.
- Saturday, 8/29 – SIUE Percussion Contest – SIUE. We don’t have a schedule for this just yet, but I’ll email it out when we know! I have been told that drumlines will start around 12noon, and awards will be around 6:30pm…. everything else, TBA.
Looking to next week (a relatively easy week!):
- Tuesday 9/1 & Thursday 9/3 – Full Marching 100 rehearsals 6-8:30pm, AHS
Just a note about upcoming competitions: Often, we won’t have our performance schedule until the week of the contest – I will email out the itinerary as soon as we receive the information from the contest organizer. For contests, please plan on the possibility of the band being gone the whole day. Thanks!
First full week! Please encourage your child to plan ahead – completing assignments in plenty of time to get them in, studying a couple days before the test, etc. We get busy with Marching 100, but it’s not a reason to fall behind in other classes! As long as they manage time well they should be just fine.