Band Update is edited as of 8/23/16 – changes are in red!
I understand there has been some calendar confusion – with moving some files around, the calendar has gotten mixed up. Here are our football game dates:
Friday, September 2
Friday, September 16 (this one was left off the calendar)
Friday, September 30 – Homecoming
Friday, October 14 – Senior Night
Of course we have our usual Tuesday/Thursday rehearsals through October, and the dates for our competitions are accurate – (9/17, 9/24, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22).
A corrected calendar to print can be found here: 100 Full Calendar 2016 8.23
Here’s what our week looks like:
*Did your child lose their phone at band camp??? I have one that has yet to be claimed… it’s dead, but I think I did get to see the email address associated with the phone before the battery ran out. Let me know!*
- Tuesday, 8/23 – The 5pm M100 Percussion rehearsals will officially begin!
- Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – 6-8:30pm. Please remind your student to bring water!
- We will also be kicking off the annual ABOB Cheese & Sausage Fundraiser. Please ask your child to see the forms!
- Wednesday, 8/24 – Jazz Band Rehearsals Begin! 3:30 – 5pm, AHS Band Room
- Thursday, 8/25 – 5pm M100 Percussion rehearsal, Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – 6-8:30pm
- Friday, 8/26 – Syllabus Agreement Due. See all the information below!
AHS Band Program Syllabus 2016 Please have you and your child read the syllabus, and sign the Classroom Syllabus/Management Agreement (last page) electronically via Google Classroom. You may also find the form to submit here – Parent/Student Syllabus Agreement. Please have the form submitted by next Friday, August 26. No paper copies please.
One major change in the syllabus involves the format of the graded exams and scale check-offs for the upcoming school year. In previous years, students were asked to perform the scale check-offs and the quarter playing exams for us in person/record in class.
This year, Scale Check-offs may be submitted as many times as possible to achieve a successful grade as long as it is submitted on or before the outlined due date. Quarter playing exams, however, may only be submitted once, but can be recorded at home. Therefore, make sure your recording represents your best satisfactory attempt before submitting.
Students can record themselves using their cell phone (there is a google classroom app to submit to) or using their chromebook (will be shown in class).
If your child has difficulty with the recording process, including (but not limited to) having access to wifi, acquiring recording devices, etc. do not panic! He/She is more than welcome to record at A.H.S. either before/after school or during their lunch period. Please have your students communicate with the band directors and this process will run very smoothly.
Above everything else, please remind your students to be aware of upcoming due dates, and avoid procrastination. Also, please put all of the dates in the syllabus on your family calendar so we don’t have any surprises as the year progresses!
Graded Playing Exams and Scale Check-offs will be submitted as prerecorded performances.
Scale Exams can be submitted multiple times.
Graded Playing Exams can only be submitted once.
Keep track of the due dates (located on the syllabus).
- Saturday, 8/27 – SIUE Percussion Festival. This is for M100 Percussion (drumline & pit) and sound students only. Feel free to stop by to show the group some support! Click here for itinerary – SIUE Perc. 2016 FINAL
- Forms: Quite a few folks are still getting these in – thanks! Please do! We need the Medical information forms ASAP. Please get the orders in!
Medical Information Form – needs to be notarized.
M100 Color Guard Accessories Order 2016 – these were due June 2. Checks payable to ABOB
M100 Accessories Order 2016 – these were due June 2. Checks payable to ABOB
If you would prefer to order online, please click here.
*All students will need a show shirt. New members will need shoes and gloves (or returning members if they are torn up/too small)
- The $50 Band Fee is also past due. Feel free to pay in installments – $25 in June and $25 in July. Checks made payable to ABOB. Please let me know if you would prefer to pay at a different time. These funds help provide supplies for camp. If you would prefer to pay online, please click here. Thanks for the help!
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!