WOW! What a great first week of camp – we pushed through the heat, worked hard, and had some fun while we were at it! What a great group to work with – hope you’re ready to see ’em Thursday!!!
- This week (8/3 – 8/6) – Band Camp Week 2 – 8am – 5pm, North Elementary. Please be ready to start at 8am!
Just a reminder that everyone is fed lunch this week thanks to ABOB, Mr. Gray, Mr. Van Hoy, and the Fritz’s.
- Monday – Burgers & Hot Dogs
- Tuesday – Sub Sandwiches
- Wednesday – Catered, TBA
- Thursday – Walking Tacos
Students who may not like/be able to eat what is provided are welcome to bring their own lunch.
- This week is also Spirit Week! Here are the days:
- Monday – Disney Day
- Tuesday – Twin Day
- Wednesday – Gotham Day
- Thursday – Section Day
Please keep in mind school dress code still applies! Students should also keep the weather in mind – don’t wear anything too heavy/hot without bringing something to change into!
- Parent Performance – Thursday, 8/6 – 7pm, Public School Stadium (West). Camp will dismiss at 3:00pm on Thursday to allow time for those who need to register to do so, get cleaned up, eat, and get to West.
Students will meet at 6:30pm, we’ll start at 7pm!
Students will need to wear their Gotham show shirt, khaki shorts, black socks, and black marching shoes. I will have show shirts at camp for those who have yet to receive theirs. Also, please let me know ASAP if khaki shorts will be a problem for your student. Thanks!
- Please continue to send in the Medical Information Form and the $50 Camp Fee. They are past due! Checks made payable to ABOB, or you can pay online: M100 Camp Fee Payment
- Attendance: We had an unusually large amount of absences throughout the first week. Your student’s absence hurts the whole group – they come back with a lot of catching up to do, and the band is trying to learn drill with holes on the field. Please try to keep doctor’s appointments, etc. to a minimum. If your child does need to miss, the easiest way to let us know is via email – email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- A note about AHS Registration: Please plan on registering your child during lunch (noon everyday) or after camp – we end at 5pm, registration continues until 7pm at the high school.
Freshmen who have to attend the chromebook orientation may go during lunch or after camp – since we have the parent performance the evening of Thursday, August 6 we will dismiss from camp at 3pm.
- It’s time for Spiritwear! Please see the attached information letter – Dear Parents to get started. Here is the 2015 Spirit Wear Order Form and 2015 Spirit Wear Pictures as well!
Looking ahead to Next Week:
- ABOB Fundraiser at Roma’s Pizza – Wednesday, 8/12 – throughout Roma’s business hours. Just stop by Roma’s any time on the 12, mention ABOB when ordering, and ABOB receives a portion of the proceeds! Good for dine in or carry out on all items! Thanks in advance for the support!
- Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – Thursday, 8/13 – 6 – 8:30pm, AHS