Happy First Day of School!!! Lots of information in this update – hang in there!
Beginning of school info: We are going over this in the first couple of days, but here’s your information as well:
- AHS Bands Syllabus 2018-19 – this includes many important dates (due dates/performances/etc) as well as our expectations for the year. Please review it with your student and mark your calendars!
- ILMEA – we’re getting information out about this early! All band students are encouraged to try out for ILMEA (district honor band), but it is not required. However, the audition is the same as the audition for concert bands here, so it doesn’t hurt to try! Here’s the info:
Here’s our week:
- Monday, August 20 – M100 Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm. Monday will begin the after school percussion rehearsals every Monday! Please communicate with Ms. Edwards if you need to miss – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, August 21 – the 21 starts our after school M100 rehearsals – 3:30-5:30pm.
- Spiritwear orders are due tomorrow!!! Please see below.
- Thursday, August 23 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Friday, August 24 – Football v. Highland – 5:45pm, Public School Stadium.
- We will meet at West at 5:45pm. Please come dressed!
- For this game we’ll wear the “summer uniform” – black marching shoes, black calf-length socks, black M100 shorts, and the Cinematic show shirt
- We warm up, play pre-game, then sit in the stands. We then play half time and return to the stands through the 3rd quarter. Students are expected to stay for all of this! We are usually done around 8:45-9pm.
- Saturday, August 25 – SIUE Percussion Clinic – this is for all percussion and sound students only! SIUE Percussion Clinic Itinerary
It’s time to order Marching 100 Spiritwear! Please email Barbie Morris (email@example.com) with any questions. Orders are due tomorrow!!! Tuesday, August 21, checks made payable to ABOB. Here’s the info:
We’re also ordering a special trip shirt:
Marching 100 Disney Trip 2018 shirt
- Monday, August 27 – M100 Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm
- ABOB Meeting – 7pm, AHS. All are invited to attend!
- Tuesday, August 28 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday, August 30 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Tuesday, September 4 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday, September 6 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-5:30pm
- Saturday, September 8 – Metro East Marching Classic, O’Fallon, IL – it’s all ready time for our first contest! This one will be afternoon/evening.
- It’s time to start thinking about the annual ABOB Trivia Night! Friday, September 21, 7pm at the Best Western Premier. For more info: ABOB Trivia Night
A calendar is attached in case you need it – 2018 Calendar
You can also find a list of all of ABOB’s 2018-19 happenings – 2018-19 ABOB Events & Fundraisers. *Please plan on helping/supporting these events. A majority of the Marching 100’s budget comes from ABOB’s support!
Disney Trip Info:
As of 8/2, students should have $950 in their trip accounts. If you need special arrangements/need to make payments later, please be in touch with Music Travel – they’ll work with you, but need communication! Email Ben Hilmer – firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Here’s where we are with fundraisers:
- All fundraising profits should be in the trip accounts – please let me know if you need clarification.
- Beefsticks – can be checked out before/after school or at our rehearsals. They go quick!
- Brooms & Popsockets – We have resumed check outs! Please check out brooms and popsockets with the band moms in the uniform room at Tuesday night rehearsals! You may also turn in any money/unsold items then too. Record clearance has been filed for those who still have items out.