We are having a FANTASTIC first week of camp! Yes it’s muggy, yes it’s muddy, yes it’s hot, but our kids are working hard! Their determination, dedication, and work ethic has been impressive. Please ask your child how it’s going! We will finish movement one today and have two on the field by the end of the week!
However, we had MANY kids feeling ill and getting really sunburned today – most will freely admit that they aren’t drinking water, aren’t re-applying sunscreen, etc. Please encourage them to drink LOTS of water, apply aloe, and get to bed early tonight! Also, they need to eat a good healthy breakfast – thanks for the help!!!
A couple of things:
- Forms: Quite a few folks are still getting these in – thanks! Please do! We need the Medical information forms ASAP, and we will be ordering the show shirts shortly. Please get the orders in!
Medical Information Form – needs to be notarized.
*We will have a notary at camp! Ms. Stahlschmidt will have her stamp with her at the parent performance on August 4.
M100 Color Guard Accessories Order 2016 – these were due June 2. Checks payable to ABOB
M100 Accessories Order 2016 – these were due June 2. Checks payable to ABOB
If you would prefer to order online, please click here.
*All students will need a show shirt. New members will need shoes and gloves (or returning members if they are torn up/too small)The $50 Band Fee is also past due. Feel free to pay in installments – $25 in June and $25 in July. Checks made payable to ABOB. Please let me know if you would prefer to pay at a different time. These funds help provide supplies for camp. If you would prefer to pay online, please click here. Thanks for the help!
- We are currently collecting donations for the ‘Band Aid’ Tent – food, water, first aid, etc. – please see the following link: http://astore.amazon.com/a0a78219-20. Feel free to bring donations to replenish throughout camp. Thanks for taking care of the kids.
- It’s time to start ordering Spiritwear for the fall competition season. Please see the following attachments for information and the order forms. We will have paper order forms ready to hand out on Monday.
Spiritwear information letter
Spiritwear Order Form
Spiritwear Item Pictures/Info.
Please contact Barbie Morris, Spiritwear chair, with any questions! Spiritwearmom100@gmail.com or 314-265-6836.
- Freshman Luau – I am aware there is a freshman luau on Thursday, July 28. I’ve been working with the coordinators and freshmen who would like to attend may go during lunch – there will be food provided, and an hour and a half will be plenty of time to check it out! That way you get the best of both worlds!
- The second week (August 1-4) lunch will be provided by the community:
Monday – Upper Alton Baptist Church
Tuesday – Mr. Ed Gray
Wednesday – Tom Long & Vern Van Hoy
Thursday – ABOB
- AHS Registration – please do not plan on missing any part of camp to go register for the school year – students may go during lunch or can head up to the cafeteria immediately after camp. Thanks for your help with this!
Some calendar items:
- Ice Cream Social at Shiver’s – let’s meet up for some ice cream to celebrate what is bound to be a successful band camp! After the parent performance on Thursday, August 4, we can meet at Shiver’s Frozen Custard from 7-9pm. Proceeds from that time frame will go to ABOB! You do have to park and order (drive thru doesn’t count) – the 100 staff will be heading that way after the parent performance – meet us there!
- ABOB Night at Roma’s Pizza will be on Wednesday, August 10 throughout their business hours (11am-10pm). No flier needed, and you can carry out orders – simply mention the ABOB fundraiser when you’re there! It’ll be a great event!
- A calendar change: The Red & Gray Scrimmage will be on Friday, August 19. The calendar says Friday, August 26 – the football team has an away game in Rock Island that week. Please make the change!
I believe that’s all for now! Parents feel free to stop by band camp and see what’s going on! We’re looking forward to a great two weeks.