We had a FANTASTIC first day of band camp! Beautiful weather and hard working kids equaled a great day! Please ask your child how they feel – we’ve got music and motion on the field on day 1! It’s great!
Here’s our schedule:
- Monday, July 23 – Friday, July 27 – M100 Band Camp – 8am-5pm, AHS
In the evenings, please encourage your child to drink water, eat a good dinner (lean protein, veggies, etc), take a shower (not optional!) and get to bed early! It’s easy to get worn out during camp – taking care of ourselves in the evening helps!
- Wednesday, July 25 – Prop Help – AHS auditorium scene shop. We’ll be working on props on Wednesday from 8:30-11:30am. Any and all help is appreciated! Please email Laura Shansey for more information – email@example.com
- Monday, July 30 – Thursday, August 2 – M100 Band Camp – 8am-5pm, AHS
- Thursday, August 2 – M100 Parent Performance – TBA evening – West (Public School Stadium)
- After the parent performance we’ll have our traditional dine out at Shiver’s! Enjoy some ice cream and celebrate a great band camp! ABOB receives profit from all items purchased at the window (drive thru does not count). Good for Thursday, August 2 from 7-10pm.
- Tuesday, August 7 – Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – AHS – 6-8:30pm
- Tuesday, August 14 – Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – AHS – 6-8:30pm
- Wednesday, August 15 – Dine out for ABOB – Roma’s Pizza – 11am-10pm (all business hours)
- Thursday, August 16 – Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – AHS – 6-8:30pm
- Friday, August 17 – Red & Gray Scrimmage – West – TBA
Band Camp Lunches (New!):
We have some wonderful folks providing lunch for the 100 this Friday and all of next week! A Big THANK YOU to Landmark Realty, Upper Alton Baptist Church, Mr. Ed Gray, Mr. Vern Van Hoy, and ABOB for providing lunch!
Here’s the plan:
Friday, July 27 (Landmark Realty): Big Sub Sandwiches
Monday, July 30 (Upper Alton Baptist): Sloppy Joes
Tuesday, July 31 (Mr. Ed Gray): Burgers
Wednesday, August 1 (Mr. Vern Van Hoy): Catering from a local golf course
Thursday, August 2 (ABOB): Walking tacos!
We still need some donations for Band Camp! Here’s what we need:
Donations can be dropped off at the uniform room.
*We also still need some help with the lunch break (12-1:30pm) – it’s just keeping an eye/ear on the kids eating lunch in the band room!
Disney Trip Info:
As of 7/2, students should have $950 in their trip accounts. If you need special arrangements/need to make payments later, please be in touch with Music Travel – they’ll work with you, but need communication! Email Ben Hilmer – firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Here’s where we are with fundraisers:
- Profit for the Alton Steel, June photo shoot, the guard quarter auction, and the last Cardinal game is in the mail – should appear soon!
- Brooms & Popsockets – We have resumed check outs! Please check out brooms and popsockets with the band moms in the uniform room at Tuesday night rehearsals! You may also turn in any money/unsold items then too. Record clearance has been filed for those who still have items out.