Welcome to the official start of the 2019 field show season! Here we go!!!
A couple of things for parents to think about:
- Thank you to those who replied about being able to help with either trailer. I’m compiling a list and will be in touch about paperwork/availability.
- We’re starting to think about food for band camp & competitions. So far we don’t have much help! I think band camp just needs help for one meal (Wal-Mart subs), and if you’re the organizing type, please let me know. We’d like to have all kinds of help here. Thanks!
Here’s our week:
- Tuesday, 7/16 – 3:30-6pm – M100 Guard
- Wednesday, 7/17 – 10am-2pm. All instrumentalists (winds, brass, percussion) will have Music Camp.
- Please bring sunscreen, a water bottle, your music, a pencil, and some snacks!
- Thursday, 7/18 – 10am-2pm – Music Camp
- M100 Guard – 3:30-6pm
- Friday, 7/19 – 10am-2pm – Music Camp
- Tuesday, 7/23 – Full M100 – 6-8:30pm, AHS
- Wednesday, 7/24 – Jazz Camp – 10am-2pm, AHS
- Open to all who are interested in playing some jazz!
- Thursday, 7/25 – Full M100 – 6-8:30pm, AHS
- Friday, 7/26 – Jazz Camp – 10am-2pm, AHS
- Monday, 7/29 – Band Camp – 8am-5pm, AHS. This is the big one! We’ll go from 8am-5pm every day that week (7/29-8/2).
- This week students will be released for lunch (12-1:30pm). They may go out to eat, go home, or may bring a lunch to eat at school.
- Stuff to think about/plan ahead on for student needs:
– Light colored clothing – tshirts and shorts are perfect! Jeans and black clothing is not!
– Good tennis shoes and socks – cuts down on blisters
– A hat
– Bug Spray (our field can be a little buggy)
– Large water bottle
– Three ring binder with sheet protectors (for music)
– Towel/Blanket to sit on during breaks
– Pop Up tent/Camping chair – OPTIONAL – student is responsible for lugging it down to the field, assembly, and taking it home each day
– A Lunch Plan – Monday, 7/29 – Friday, 8/2 students will be on their own for lunch. They may bring a lunch or leave campus to get one. Everyone needs a plan!
– A healthy breakfast – be sure to eat something each morning!!!
– We’ll have more info. coming!
Just a reminder – The Medical Information Form is way past due – please get those in! We usually have a notary at rehearsal! All forms are at the bottom of this update.
Marching 100 info:
- We all ready have a change to the Fall Calendar – Homecoming has been moved, so the first two weeks in October have changed. We do not have a game on 10/4, and we will attend the Washington, MO Band Festival. The Homecoming Game will be on 10/11, and we will not attend the Bi-State Marching Invitational in Potosi, MO. Please toss October from the previous calendar – A new Calendar can be found here: UPDATED M100 2019 Calendar.
- Here are electronic versions of the other forms:
That’s it! Have a great week!