Hello! Here’s what our week looks like:
Today, Tuesday June 14:
- Percussion to SIUE Percussion Camp
- Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – 6-8:30pm tonight at AHS. Some things to remember for tonight:
- We had several “no call, no show” students last week. Please know that being no call, no show to summer rehearsals may result in your student being an alternate for the season – we simply don’t know where they are/what’s going on. Please communicate if your student needs to miss!
- Bring water! It is HOT out and we will be outside for at least a little bit!
- Dress appropriately! Jeans are hard to move in and get really hot/sweaty. A tshirt, athletic shorts, socks, tennis shoes, and a hat work well!
- If you haven’t gotten the following forms turned in, please do so tonight to ensure your items are included in the order:
- Medical Information Form – needs to be notarized.
- M100 Color Guard Accessories Order 2016 – due June 2. Checks payable to ABOB
- M100 Accessories Order 2016 – due June 2. Checks payable to ABOB
All students will need a show shirt. New members will need shoes and gloves (or returning members if they are torn up/too small)
- .This is our last full 100 rehearsal for the month – Guard and Percussion will continue to rehearse. Please see below.
- The $50 Band Fee is also due. Feel free to pay in installments – $25 in June and $25 in July. Checks made payable to ABOB.
Tomorrow – Wednesday, June 15:
- ABOB Dine Out Night at Firehouse Subs – Wednesday, June 15 – 4-9pm. Simply present this flyer when ordering and ABOB receives 15%!
Remainder of June:
That’s it for this week! After tonight, the wind players of the Marching 100 are not rehearsing again until Tuesday, July 12. Each section’s student leaders should have a brief sectional/fun activity planned for next Tuesday, June 21 – this activity is highly encouraged, but completely optional!
Guard & Percussion will still rehearse – please see their schedules.
Updated Calendar – please see the link for an updated summer calendar. It has the guard/percussion rehearsals on it, as well as announcing that band camp will for sure be at Alton High this year. Here’s the updated calendar – 100 Full Calendar 2016 revis. 6.7 updated 6/7/16 – color guard schedule.
Summer Guard Rehearsals – Tuesdays, 5-8pm. Thursdays, 5-8pm. See calendar for more information. Please let Mike know if you need to miss – firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Percussion Rehearsals – Tuesdays, 1-5pm, Fridays, 1-5pm. See calendar for more information. Please let Coop & Ryan know if you need to miss – email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Jazz – Mr. Jarden is again offering Wednesday jazz band throughout the summer. Click here for more details!
Trip Fundraiser – Garage Sale – Set Up – Friday, June 24. Sale – Saturday, June 25.
An Update: You may have noticed that the ‘Facebook event’ for our Yardsale was deleted – that was accidental. BUT, Macie Henkhaus (chair), Amy Hillery, and Ms Cudney have been considering cancelling the event due to lack of interest. We’ve had a lot of interest in coming to the event, but not much interest in selling at the event. Obviously, with so few interested in selling, we have have little chance of this being a successful event for the kids. Tonight, at rehearsal, Ms Cudney and I will be addressing the band kids to see if perhaps we have enough interest from THEM wanting to sell their old things, to maybe fill in the holes and help make this event happen. Please stand by – we will know one way or another by the end of rehearsal tonight.
Please be advised, if you have already purchased a slot to sell, you WILL receive a full refund in the event that we have to cancel. I apologize for the confusion – we had one of our chairs for this event resign, and we’re trying our best to keep this event on the trip fundraising schedule. Thank you for your patience, and please check back for updates tomorrow evening! Thank you!
For general information click here. Also, please see the attachments below for how students make money on this event, how to reserve a table, etc.
For those who like to think ahead:
- July 12 – Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – 6-8:30pm, AHS
- July 19 – Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – 6-8:30pm, AHS
- Monday, July 25 – Thursday, August 4 – Band Camp!!!! 8am – 5pm, AHS. We are currently collecting donations for the ‘Band Aid’ Tent – food, water, first aid, etc. – please see the following link: http://astore.amazon.com/a0a78219-20
To prepare for band camp:
- Get out in this heat! It’s no fun, but we’ll be outside those two weeks no matter what! Getting your body used to it will help immensely. Wash the car, mow the lawn, walk the dogs – anything to get outside!
- Start drinking lots of water and give up soda
- Start eating healthier – fruits, veggies, lean meats – lighter meals will make life easier as well. Put down the Cheetos and Mountain Dew!
- For Band Camp students will need: a hat, sunscreen, light colored/light weight clothing – tshirts, athletic shorts, a good pair of tennis shoes, a large water jug, a towel to sit on, a pencil, their instrument & music. Many students choose to bring the bag chairs/pop up tents/umbrellas/etc for some shade on breaks – that is up to you, and your student is responsible for taking care of it/keeping an eye on it!
That’s the scoop until July. Please note, after next Friday, June 24, I am out of the country until July 9 and will have little to no access to school email. We’ll hit the ground running when I’m back! Color Guard & Percussion folks, please communicate any questions or needs to Mike, Kelsey, Coop, or Ryan.
Thanks! See you tonight!