I’ve got a lot of general information/reminders and some tweaks to this week’s schedule:
- Please don’t forget about forms!!!
- The $50 Band Fee can be paid anytime. Please make checks payable to ABOB.
- We have our usual Full M100 Rehearsal tomorrow, Tuesday 6/13 – 6-8:30pm at AHS. Please wear tennis shoes/comfortable (athletic clothing) and bring water – we will be outside!*Please remember that in an organization this big, communication is crucial – for the benefit of the group and for student safety. Please shoot us an email if your child will miss a rehearsal – firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Thanks!
- We have a couple of tweaks to the percussion rehearsals this week:
- M100 Pit – Pit will rehearse from 6-8:30pm Tuesday evening – NO other rehearsals this week.
- M100 Drumline – will meet as normal on Tuesday (3-5pm/6-8:30pm). Thursday we will meet from 1-2:30pm – we have a clinician coming in!
Percussion can let Ryan and Ms. Edwards know of any absences:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- M100 Color Guard – is back at it this week!
Tuesdays 5:30 – 8:30pm and Thursdays 5:30-8:30pm. Please let Mike know of any absences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a Dine out for ABOB at Riveria Maya this week – Wednesday, 6/14 anytime during business hours (11am-9pm). You do need a flyer to present when you’re there. You can print it out here – Riviera Maya Dine Out. We’ll be handing them out at tomorrow’s rehearsal as well.
- I’ve attached the itinerary for the Red Bud Parade on Sunday, June 25 so you can start planning. We may tweak the uniform based on heat – we’ll keep you posted. Red Bud Parade Itinerary 2017
We have also updated the calendar – 2017 Calendar – May- Oct – with summer percussion & guard dates. As always, if you need to miss please let us know.
- Now is the time to start preparing for parades/band camp! Please encourage your student to give up soda, start drinking lots of water, begin eating healthier (more fruits/veggies/lean protein, less cheetos), and getting outside everyday (wash the car, mow the lawn, walk the dog, play basketball, etc)!!!
Marching band is a very physical activity and the summer heat doesn’t help. Getting used to moving around and taking better care of themselves will help a ton!!! Thanks for the help & encouragement!
I think that is it! Please let us know if you have any questions.