Hello! Here’s what the week is looking like:
- 4th Quarter Playing Tests will finish up this week. Here’s some information: Playing Test Info
- Marching 100 Drumline/Pit Rehearsal/Auditions – Today! Monday, May 2 – 6-8pm. This was discussed at the previous audition night.
- Nashville Trip – Tumbler Fundraiser – orders are due Wednesday, May 4.
- Spring Band Concert – Thursday, May 5, 7pm – AHS Auditorium. All band students will play at this concert – students need to arrive by 6:00pm. Symphonic Band will wear all black (no jeans, ladies need leggings/stockings, no open toed shoes) Wind Symphony will wear their tuxes/dresses. If you’re not in orchestra, please plan on turning in your tuxes/dresses after the concert – bring clothes to change into.
- Fine Arts Critiques Due – Friday, May 6. Fine Arts Critique Rubric for All Bands
Students have had plenty of opportunities (including in class) to see a performance to critique.
- Marching 100 Student Leader applications have gone out. Fully completed applications are due by 3:05pm this Friday, May 6. Applications can be picked up in the band room.
Rest of May:
- Nashville Trip Fundraising Meeting – Wednesday, May 11 – 7:00pm, Johnson’s Corner
- Marching 100 Spring Button Days – Friday, May 13 (evening) and Saturday, May 14 (morning). More info. TBA
- ABOB Dine Out at Elijah P’s – Monday, May 16 – 4-9pm. This one will be great! Elijah P’s is opening up just for us on a Monday night, and Third Coast (Mr. Jarden & Mr. King’s group) will be the entertainment for the evening! Join us for a night of good food and great music – supporting a cause near and dear to all of us.
- Band Final Exam – Friday, May 20 – we plan on having a study guide/information out this week!
- ABOB Meeting – Monday, May 23 – 7pm, AHS Orchestra room
- AHS Graduation – Friday, May 27 – TBA. All students play graduation!
- Memorial Day Parade (M100) – Monday, May 30 – Upper Alton. TBA
We’re getting close to marching season! We’ll be gearing up for the Memorial Day parade shortly after our Spring concert. Don’t forget about 1-2 Camp and the Tuesday rehearsals! Here’s the calendar – 100 Calendar Jun-Nov. 2016.