THANK YOU all for your understanding with Cherrydale’s delivery blunder last week, and with all the help at Button Days around town this weekend! The community really enjoys seeing the kids – Ms. Davis and I had breakfast at Joe K’s and heard from all around us that folks had to support their Alma Mater, and that they really enjoy talking to the kids in uniform. This is what it’s about!
We’re nearing the end, and gearing up at the same time – 16 days until 1-2 Camp!
Here’s what we’ve got:
- ABOB Dine Out at Elijah P’s – Tonight! Monday, May 16 – 4-9pm. This one will be great! Elijah P’s is opening up just for us on a Monday night, and Third Coast (Mr. Jarden & Mr. King’s group) will be the entertainment for the evening! Join us for a night of good food and great music – supporting a cause near and dear to all of us.
- Band Final Exam – Friday, May 20 – Here’s a link to the study guide: Spring 2016 Band Final Review
- ABOB Meeting – Monday, May 23 – 7pm, AHS Orchestra room
- AHS Graduation – Friday, May 27 – 3:30pm – 7:45pm (estimate). All students (except some percussion) play graduation! Here’s the plan:
- With finals/school getting out for summer we won’t see the band for a week before graduation (yikes!) So we’ll have a rehearsal the day of graduation (5/27):
- 3:30pm – Meet outside for quick Memorial Day parade rehearsal with color guard – wear tennis shoes/comfortable clothes
- 4:30pm – run graduation tunes
- 5:30pm – Eat dinner (provided by ABOB), change clothes – wear nice clothes for graduation – no jeans/tennis shoes!
- 6:30pm – Enter gym/start playing graduation prelude music
- 7:00pm – Graduation begins – Pomp & Circumstance
- 7:30pm – Finish playing – move chairs/stands/equipment back to band room. Dismiss.
- Memorial Day Parade (M100) – Monday, May 30 – Upper Alton. Memorial Day parade Itinerary
Updated Calendar – please see the link for an updated summer calendar. It has the guard/percussion rehearsals on it, as well as announcing that band camp will for sure be at Alton High this year. Here’s the updated calendar – 100 Calendar Jun-Nov. 2016. 5.17 revis. (updated 5/17/16).
Summer Jazz – Mr. Jarden is again offering Wednesday jazz band throughout the summer. Click here for more details!
Marching 100 Color Guard & Percussion sections are gearing up for the season! Here’s their schedules:
- M100 Color Guard – Tuesdays & Thursdays through May – 3:45 – 6:30pm, AHS.
- M100 Percussion – Tuesday, May 24 – 6-8pm, AHS.
We are finalizing the Guard/Percussion summer rehearsals and will get that information out soon. Percussion is looking at Tuesdays/Fridays during the summer and Guard is looking at Tuesdays/Thursdays.
June is quickly approaching – please get in the following forms:
- Medical Information Form – needs to be notarized. Do we have any notaries that could be at AHS before/after 1-2 Camp?
- M100 Color Guard Accessories Order 2016 – due June 2. Checks payable to ABOB
- M100 Accessories Order 2016 – due June 2. Checks payable to ABOB
All students will need a show shirt. New members will need shoes and gloves (or returning members if they are torn up/too small).
Just a reminder to get the $50 Band Fee in. Feel free to pay in installments – $25 in June and $25 in July. Checks made payable to ABOB.